Recent content by Cyclos787

1. Cyclos787

Ashida Wii Portable

Awesome work, and mad respect for designing this to be user friendly and replicated.
  2. Cyclos787

The Wavecube

I started my first portable in spring of 2020, I designed it with the goal of making something that felt and looked as close to an official Nintendo product as I could get. The result was the Wavecube: Specs: - Frankencased shell from original Wavebird plus 3D printed PLA internals housing...
  3. Cyclos787

Worklog First portable: The Wavecube

Finally done! Got my hands on a new MX chip and swapped out my other one. I realized that when I have a coin cell attached, I sometimes get continuity between 3.3v and GND but not always, and I think this could just be due to the battery running. And only some grounds will have continuity with...
  4. Cyclos787

Solved How to fix/reset Battery Protection Circuit?

If this is the same process as the red board, if you plug your borard in to a power source this should unlock it and allow voltage to go through to your batteries
  5. Cyclos787

I narrowed the short down to the MX chip, cleaned up the soldering and flux and now there is absolutely no way that the chip could be shorting based on my connections. I power up my portable and everything seems fine (except i'm only getting audio from one speaker at a time for some reason), but...
  6. Cyclos787

Worklog Wii portable "Ashida Wavebird" worklog

This is coming along great! Not sure if you plan on adding rumble or not but the handles have enough room to fit a small coin motor in each, it makes it feel more like joy-cons than the centered rumble in a regular gc controller
  7. Cyclos787

Almost there, everything is working okay, but I'm having some trouble where the controller occasionally shorts. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but after powering off and opening the portable there will be a short between 3.3v and ground, after hitting random buttons and moving the...
  8. Cyclos787

Audio, VGA, and MX all good! After replacing my busted Wii board, I readded in my audio circuit and then relocated MX and enabled VGA. For the audio circuit I connected my Wii > TDA1308 headphone amp > 10k Ohm wheel pot > stereo switching headphone jack > PAM8803 Amp > speakers. Its not the...
  9. Cyclos787

Took a little break but I'm back at it, I replaced my bad regulator and tested with the Wii board and found that the board was dead, so I trimmed up my backup Wii and will test it once its all sanded. I reorganized my wiring so that each component is no longer connected to the output of the...
  10. Cyclos787

I think you're right, I plan on getting my new regulators set up and testing things more incrementally until everything is back together. I think from my wiring I had multiple series circuits going from each regulator.
  11. Cyclos787

Update: Not good. I replaced the 5V regulator, got everything hooked up correctly and then powered on my portable but the video wasn't coming through, I think the composite wire had been disconnected under the board because I couldn't find continuity. So I soldered on a new wire using one of...
  12. Cyclos787

After a short hiatus I'm back, I ordered my headphone amp and got the board secured down, and hit some problems as usual. When screwing the board down one of my screw posts kept breaking from inside the case, I glued it back with some epoxy and was able to get a screw in there carefully. I was...
  13. Cyclos787

Question Short on 5v Regulator

I'm putting together the last bits of my portable and I noticed I had continuity between 5V and ground. I disconnected USB, screen, and all my 5V components and the short was still there, so I determined it was on the regulator. I stripped all the components off the 5V regulator and tested and...
  14. Cyclos787

I have a switching jack but I think I still need a lighter amp to power it, I could try connecting the Wii directly to the jack and then to my PAM8803 and speakers though. I know that the PAM8803 would probably blow out headphone speakers if I connected the headphone jack to the output. This...
  15. Cyclos787

BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Hey, I have a trimmed wii all set up with BBLoader, and since first installing BBLoader when I power the system on I get about one second of a green pixellated matrix looking glitchy screen. After that everything seems to work fine. I am assuming this is some initial interference from my voltage...