Recent content by CosmicRam

1. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Had to put this down for a little while but project complete at this time! Installed the MX chip because I heard it was necessary for N64 games and also thought Animal Crossing might be alright every now and again. So I only have two more questions that maybe some people know the answer to -...
  2. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Thanks heaps For that! I had seen the diagrams but had forgotten that I had seen them. It's good to know that there is a way to get this done if I absolutely need to but I think I might have cracked the code with some research. If anyone can verify this, it would be very helpful but apparently...
  3. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Hey guys, sorry to keep bumping this thread. I have a completely sorted ashida with everything except for sound. I have checked continuity between the uamp and the pins on the AVE for the digital audio and I get continuity with no bridges or shorts. I also went and re soldered my voltage but no...
  4. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Yeah, I was thinking that it might be a bit buggy too. Wasn't doing this from the start though so definitely a beginner screw up. Overall, happy that it's the driver board and not the PMS or anything. I'll probably order another driver board at some stage but the Z button works for now So VGA...
  5. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Tact Button worked a treat! VGA colors are wonderful. Only one strange little thing going on now - whenever I turn it back on, it is still preferring AV. So I have to use the tact button to switch it back to VGA which is the only input hooked up. So it's one step forward but two steps back. I...
  6. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

So I disconnected MODE from 3.3v and AV2 is now working although the colours are all messed up. I am assuming that I must have changed the input from VGA to AV somehow while tinkering with things. I am not exactly certain how I did this but if anybody has any ideas on how to change it back...
  7. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Hey Wesk, good to hear from you. Thanks for the great design. Unfortunately, I do not think my screen came with a button board so I am unsure why my screen would have changed inputs in the first place.
  8. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Alright, so we're right at the finish line. I have everything wired up and everything appears to be working except my wii when being turned on now seems to show AV2 in the top left of the screen which it never did before. Will note that I have VGA hooked up with nothing wired to AV on the screen...
  9. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

So after desoldering everything and resoldering and moving my gnd wires somewhere else, it has finally boot! Not exactly sure what I did that was the ticket since I pretty much did everything all at once - if I had to guess it would either be that I had a pretty weak solder joint on the PMS at...
  10. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Definitely have them hooked up correctly regarding the traces - although the colours did get me originally haha. Checking for continuity between gnd and the voltages, all seems fine except that I get beeps between 1.15v and 1.8v as well as gnd and these two voltages. However it sits at about 38...
  11. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

So after redoing all of my wiring, reflowing all of my joints on the PMS and the wii board as well as switching to VGA, I am still not getting any signal. Starting to think that the wii might be dead but I can't think what I would have done twice to kill the board.
  12. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Thanks to the both of you for your input! I have cut off the end of my u10 wire to a shorter length, with less tinned wire at the end and cleaned up my voltage wires - made a difference to turn up the heat a little. Was a bit afraid of burning the board. Still getting nothing from the screen...
  13. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Thanks for the tips. I'll try removing the capacitors now to give myself a bit of room. Have tried cleaning up the board a bit and have yet to get it to work - have a question although it might be stupid. This screen - the screen from the 4Layer site, does it automatically switch sources? The...
  14. Question Ashida Troubleshoot/Worklog

Hey gang, Lurked here for a while and decided to try my hand on the Ashida since a lot of the work is done for you by the 4Layer boards. Have wired up the wii board twice with two different trims but am unable to get anything to show up on the screen. Screen flashes blue with VGA in the corner...
  15. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey everyone, Nick here. Working on an Ashida portable and thought I could get through it without calling for help haha. Looking forward to having chats and hopefully helping others to learn from my failures!