Recent content by Bronexx

1. Bronexx

Ps2 motherboard question

Sweet thanks C I'll take pics of the motherboard I'm using this weekend
  2. Bronexx

Ps2 motherboard question

You guys are Awesome thank you for the sweet replies and the loads of good info I will definitely get the portable together first and then worry about a case later that's actually how I was going to start in the First place with that 79001 In my previous post anyway ben heck is a legend and...
  3. Bronexx

Ps2 motherboard question

Sweet thank you stitches I'm going to give it a shot I'll post a worklog on this weekend before I mess with one of my 79001 motherboards I saw a guy on YouTube do it the ps2 portable was rather large but looked pretty clean all In all it actually might even be more of a challenge it's a 77001...
  4. Bronexx

Ps2 motherboard question

So I figure that most of you may not find an interest in doing such a thing however it would be a good place for fresh Portablelisers to start can you use any ps2 motherboard for a portable? Yes such a noob question are the pinouts such as power video memory cards and controllers the same as the...
  5. Bronexx

First ps2 portable

This is the screen and bord for unit #1 And here is a picture of the chip that is the area of focus And here is what I Found Now I believe that this is the wrong chip but the same series would any of you be able to read the proper pinouts of this diagram or maybe find the proper diagram? This...
  6. Bronexx

First ps2 portable

I did Google all of the chips on the original board of the larger one and did find a video controller chip but it is impossible to find the exact diagram on its pinouts I will add pictures here in a few but I am definitely going to start another thread on this topic tomorrow if I can get enough...
  7. Bronexx

First ps2 portable

Good idea I have actually been studying the original boards on these I have also been picking them up at thrift shops and Ebay ips photo frames and portable dvd drives maybe I can design a bord on pcb way that supports these types of screens and force them to run on 5v without the need for all...
  8. Bronexx

First ps2 portable

Sweet thank you man I'll watch it for sure that's sweet only 1 18650 lol? O ya I speak Spanish by the way so itll be a breeze Ok so check these out 1 was pulled from a picture frame display 1 from a portable dvd player and the one on top is a monitor all of them are ips displays now the main...
  9. Bronexx

First ps2 portable

Ahh I see a 5v 300MA switching regulator it will need a heatsink but that won't be to hard at all i have a ton of small heatsinks I just pulled from a dlp tv a couple days ago also I word to anyone building portables want some good wires of different gauges for power and data transfer if your...
  10. Bronexx

First ps2 portable

Thank you the information is much appreciated I decided to go with a different case the one I chose is too large however it could come in handy for another portable in the future I am not going to trim the board i have decided not to but i will trim other boards for future projects when I become...
  11. Bronexx

First ps2 portable

So can I use the chip on the battery pack? Is it even a bms?
  12. Bronexx

First ps2 portable

Hi all after about 2 years of lurking the fourm on and off and doing absurd amounts of research I think it is finally time to take a crack at building my first ps2 portable however the case is going to be rather large as being my first portable it will give me extra space to work with. so in any...
  13. Bronexx

My First ps2 portable power wiring help?

So about the 5v to wire up to the screen assuming I can do a follow up on what I believe is shanks guide to make a 12v screen run on 5v how would you wire that up?
  14. Bronexx

Awesome lithium polymer sounds alot better lipos are longer lasting I definitely thought about that one is there one in particular to your guys knowledge that would be the best for an untrimmed motherboard build?:rothink:;)
  15. Bronexx

Yes that is perfect thank you stitches I am a Fool to not notice the numbers to coordinate my solder points 1 last question what would be the best batteries to use for an untrimmed motherboard? This design will be using the netplay controller design just like Mr.Kanes design I was thinking about...