Recent content by Brokenmyke

1. Discussion New project & Parts enquiry

I tried wiring up a 50k pot. It cuts off the volume far too early. Also tried a 10k pot, still cuts off far to early. Ordered a 1k pot, hopefully that does the job. 50k is FAR too much resistance for a 5v amp with 3w speakers
  2. Solved Portablizemii slow

Resolved the issue! Removed the bridge from the pads from the U5 footprint, resoldered the U9. But the biggest overlooked mistake i corrected was adding a ground wire attaching to the board. Boot speeds and animations are perfect now
  3. Solved Portablizemii slow

I'm Yet to wire up a GC controller, as I'm not gonna be using a GC+. I using the U9, as the U10 broke a leg due to sneezing . What I find strange, is the troubleshooting guide recommends that if you use the U9, you should bridge the pads (non ground side), but it doesn't say to do that...
  4. Solved Portablizemii slow

Hmm.. I was very sure to seal the inside of my trim with masking tape to prevent that from happening. Ill dig out the old multimeter and check the voltage and resistances. Now you mention it, I have a feeling it could may well be the temporary connecters I have wired up creating too much...
  5. Solved Portablizemii slow

After acquiring all the parts needed, I started my portable Wii project. 4 layer board with the omgwtf trim with Powermii regulators. The board powers up, and boots fine. But the boot splash screen and the portablizemii menu runs a little sluggish. Not so much in boot speeds, but in...
  6. Discussion Casing idea

No experience, but I'm a quick learner, generally very handy. Mother is a crafter, father is a mechanic and I used to be a an electronics tester, then a builder/gardener. and I do a hell of a lot of research before I do anything. Planning is always key.
  7. Discussion Casing idea

As I said, I'm not gonna destroy it, but make a mold of the housing, and reproduce it. What you said about the gc controller was actually my original idea, until I remember I had the ascii controller. The reason I wanna make a mold, is so I could make a few copies. You said yourself that you...
  8. Discussion Casing idea

OK, so I totally forgot I had this, and realised it could be perfect to house all the wii portable circuitry. Of course, I don't wanna be cannibalising this thing, so I'll most likely be making a silicon mold of the shell and modifying it slightly (speaker vents, cooling vents, IR and led...
  9. Discussion New project & Parts enquiry

Just thought... Potentiometer wise, wouldn't I want a 5 pin opposed to a 3 pin? I just sat and thought about the inputs and outputs, and from what I understand, using a 3 pin will only produce mono sound output, whereas a 5 pin will produce proper stereo sound, due to the L and R channels not...
  10. Discussion New project & Parts enquiry

Knew I overlooked something. Cheers for the heads up. I chose that board as it didn't have on board volume adjustment, as most had a hideously huge volume nob. Thanks again Edit. Just bought a nice 50k wheel. And Before I asked any stupid questions I've just done some research on how...
  11. Question which screen should i use

I'm a little new to all this, and could be wrong, but don't you want a 480p screen?
  12. Discussion New project & Parts enquiry

Unfortunately, I've not had a phone with an IR blaster in over 10 years. The driver board has been binned now anyway. I've splashed out a little and got myself some half decent bits. Regulators: Powermii Lite from the Bitbuilt store Play and charge...
  13. Discussion New project & Parts enquiry

So I've been browsing this forum for just over a week now, doing a hell of a lot of reading, and learning a ton. After securing myself a spare wii console off ebay for the bargain price of £1! I'm in the process of gathering parts I need for a portable wii project. Originally the idea came to...
  14. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey peeps, Mike here. Been lingering for a while doing a lot of intensive reading from the informative posts on here regarding portablizing a wii. I've had a passion for electronics all my life, but this is my first crack at a practical project. Wish me luck :)