Recent content by Big_Marsh

1. Big_Marsh

Question First Wii Portable: What Battery should I use?

Okay, I've done some more research and decided to use 18650 Li-ion cells to power the Wii. I'm thinking about using 3s 1p with this Protection board: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073MJ6J8R/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1YWD3GRP1I9CM&psc=1 Something about it feels sketchy though, I got it...
  2. Big_Marsh

Nope I plan on taking the motherboard out of the wii shell, removing the disk drive and putting into the screen case. Its a big chunky old screen. I'm not going to trim or modify the motherboard any more than that
  3. Big_Marsh

The screen im using is from an old in car dvd player it runs of 6 AA batterys, ive taken out the disk drive to save on power and weight and it still works fine. Also thanks for the tip I had no idea they were scams xD
  4. Big_Marsh

Hi. This is my first Wii portable and its more like a wii laptop really. I just looking for advice on what battery I should use to power the wii, the screen powers itself so thats taken care of. I've been doing some reading and most people use Li-ion cells to power Wii's but I've never used...
  5. Big_Marsh

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi im new. I'm currently putting together my first portable, a wii portable