Recent content by ahrlad

1. ahrlad

Worklog: Wii U Gamepad Original Screen Custom LCD Driver Board

They don't even sell any 6-7" displays
  2. ahrlad

Worklog: Wii U Gamepad Original Screen Custom LCD Driver Board

That's very interesting! I only just saw the datasheet, I'd have thought they'd use a mipi dsi display for sure. Using a simple lvds makes it much more usable. How d'you figure the backlight driver, are the standard driver boards able to output voltages that high, or have you made a custom...
  3. ahrlad

5 Inch Eyoyo Component Screen

You can use a raspberry pi to program it too, with that exact i2c programmer i linked to even--it's how I do it, only using a slightly different sbc. You can do it with anything running linux basically, as long as it exposes an i2c bus Here's some info: http://pccar.ru/showthread.php?t=22851...
  4. ahrlad

Nah, I mean you can program the board by just jamming a vga connector between the board and your PC, no dedicated programmer required. I don't think there are any working windows drivers for, like, the intel graphics vga i2c bus, but on linux it works fine.
  5. ahrlad

The 2660 exposes an i2c slave over the vga connector, so firmware can be flashed and dumped that way. I've used this, you might need to adjust the spi flash vendor check (I just commented it out) https://github.com/static-void/rtd266x_programmer
  6. ahrlad

FFC connectors from HDMI to screen?

I don't think dpi could introduce lag even theoretically, it's just configuring the board to pump out raw pixels to the screen in real time. Perhaps they were talking about the SPI interface which is another issue entirely, in that case the display has its own frame buffer which introduces some...
  7. ahrlad

I dunno much about the PAM8403 but it doesn't seem to support bridge tied loads. Maybe try the PAM8302, that does mono and is also cheaply available on chinese modules? afaik the tp4056 is a very reliable charger chip, it's just not very effective and not very fast since it's limited to 1A...
  8. ahrlad

There are lots of mini-HDMI adapter-ffc connector thingies available since drone people use them: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FPV-Micro-HDMI-Mini-HDMI-90-degree-Adapter-5cm-100cm-FPC-Ribbon-Flat-HDMI-Cable-Pitch/32948003892.html I wouldn't try desoldering the hdmi connectors, the traces...
  9. ahrlad

Worklog A PS2 Portable: Designed by the community built by Edd

Eh? No madness involved. It was a serious suggestion, and might be genuinely helpful to people
  10. ahrlad

Worklog A PS2 Portable: Designed by the community built by Edd

How about you read through all the worklogs and collect the information, appropriately attributed, in an easy-to-read guide? You could begin with a simpler topic, such as LCD tech. Try doing a accessible but thorough write-up on console output formats and different display protocols, sections...
  11. ahrlad

Getting something out?

I gave that fight up long ago, I've accepted that I probably won't actually get anything working well, if at all. It's almost part of the charm for me, having an eternal project where every solved problem allows me to go deeper into the hardware rabbit hole I find the satisfaction of finally...
  12. ahrlad

Hared-brained PCB schemes, aka "it's not meant for that, idiot"

We did? I should tape over the ICs or the entire board? I'll have to avoid shorts because my troubleshooting strategy consists basically of 'throw all the stuff away and go back to the drawing board' If any of you guys wondered what seventy-two dollars' worth of chinesium fastener looks like...
  13. ahrlad

Turnaround with express DHL shipping: about four days or so, entirely acceptable. Thoughts: lmao this is fun 1.2mm is a pretty good pcb thickness for this. making the notches slightly larger than the side connecting slot things was a good idea, but 10 mill would have sufficed. Notches...
  14. ahrlad

To leverage the Teensy and reduce number of buttons, we can use it to control the standard rtd2660 boards with 5 button inputs. The inputs are read by the pcb800099 by a 6-bit adc pin pulled up to 3.3v, while a resistor network connects to the different button inputs. To wit...
  15. ahrlad

From the department of "don't worry, I'm dumb enough to give it a go"; I've put JLCPCB hard at work This outline is for 7" 800*600 displays such as A070SN01 etc. I did alternative bottom tiles dimensioned for the 6.5", 800*480 AT065TN14 All broken up into <10x10cm tiles to take...