Recent content by AFE123

1. AFE123

Question Ashida build guide???

It'd also be beneficial to look at shanks Electronics 101 thread at other people's worklogs. Do that in addition to looking at the diagrams on 4layertech, and googling stuff. tip: use site:bitbuilt.net "question you wanna ask."
  2. AFE123

Question How to make gboy?

Someone updated the parts with custom PCBs to house the new boards and a modified case. Worth checking out.
  3. AFE123

Worklog My first ever build: the ashida

https://manual.bitbuilt.net/step/optional-mx-chip-relocation/19/
  4. AFE123

Worklog The WiiCube

Well, if you can get a GC+ board from 4layertech, that'd be ideal. You can use tact switches, or make a custom pcb with the controls, which gives you a lot of wiggle room. If you want to use a controller, it gets a little complicated. If you want a Gameboy style portable, you can easily just...
  5. AFE123

Question Best starting ps2 portable

*Use standard trim *Basic 5 inch composite(or component if you're fancy) backup camera. *Maybe a 3d printed case if you're down to learn fusion 360 (Pretty simple to learn with time). If not, use a prebuilt case and a lot of glue. *ps2 controller and tact switches(or use at PIC16F...
  6. AFE123

Worklog The last one, 3rd ps2 portable

Question about the cooling system. I notice you only have the heat sink and the fan. Are you cooling this chip? I noticed that Wii portables implement a copper sheet between the CPU and GPU for cooling. Is that also the case for the PS2? What does your cooling setup look like? Also, I'm...
  7. AFE123

Worklog Chunchunmaru - A PS2 Portable

12/28/22 It’s been a while since I’ve updated this worklog, but I’m not dead. I’ve been busy with school. The semester ended, giving me a lot more time. Knowing that the ps2 works, I’m almost ready for the final assembly. Before that, I need to design the case. There are a ton of challenges...
  8. AFE123

Question Do I need to purchase a new pcb set?

That is the ground pad I was referring to. It should (Correct me if I'm wrong) usually be connected to the U-amps ground. With that said, you should be able to wire up the u amps ground directly to the ground pad mentioned.
  9. AFE123

Question Do I need to purchase a new pcb set?

If I were to imagine, you can probably wire up the gnd pad on the u amp to the gnd pad next to the 1.8V pad. What kinda soldering iron are you using? Ideally, you'd want to use a temperature controlled iron. For practice, work on a practice board or practice soldering on an old damaged board.
  10. AFE123

Discussion I just wanna talk about my failure of a wii

Kinda looks like the Mumble Driim.
  11. AFE123

Question Should i make my portable emulated or let it have a real motherboard.

For OPL, it's possible to use a usb controller and MRkane used a joycon styled controller for his ps2 portable. Maybe there's something similar for the wii which can be helpful in you accomplishing your goal. Besides that, you'd have to be JacksonS. Like what Shipyu said, relocating wifi isn't...
  12. AFE123

Question Should i make my portable emulated or let it have a real motherboard.

Imma be honest, you're getting a little too ambitious for a first project. I'm currently working on my first portable (also looked at other threads), and found that you're more likely to finish your portable if you aim for something you can actually complete. When I was younger, I tried making a...
  13. AFE123

Solved PCB design help

Congrats on learning PCB design! Itll be a valuable asset going forward. for the errors, try removing the white circle. It's overlapping with on of the pins. Same with the blue one. Another thing that'll help is to printout your pcb on paper to ensure that you have the right dimensions for...
  14. AFE123

cut too deep?

VPNs wouldn't work, lmao. I believe the IPs used by VPNs get reported if I'm not mistaken.