We are making a console Wiki and need YOUR help!

Noah

retired
Portables
Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed the information staff group has been removed from the site. From the ashes will rise a beautiful phoenix known as the "Wiki Staff." Some of you may have seen screenshots of a staff member's screen and noticed that next to the "Store" link on the toolbar there is a Wiki link. We are using software that is built into the forums to provide you all with the best environment possible for console modding.

However, we can't do it alone. In our quest to create a complete information database on modding consoles we will need help along the way. Every little thing can help! For example, if you have a NES motherboard or NES console and would be willing to open it and take pictures of the motherboard that would help us a ton. We are looking to completely record all known revisions of every console out there (or at least the commonly modded ones!)

A few examples of this are:
  • NES
  • SNES
  • SNES Jr.
  • Nintendo 64 NTSC Revisons (2-9?)
  • Nintendo 64 PAL Revisions
  • Nintendo 64 JPN Revisions
  • GameCube NTSC boards (A, B, and C)
  • GameCube PAL boards
  • Wii NTSC boards
  • Wii PAL boards
  • PlayStation 1 boards
  • PlayStation 2 boards
Obviously that's not even all of them and not mentioning the controller associated with each console. Taking pictures or scanning boards is only the first step. We need an elite team of people who will be able to take all of the information that we currently have and compile it into an easily readable Wiki-like format.

Our hope is that the wiki pages for the respective consoles become almost a step-by-step guide on portablizing that specific console (with the exception of batteries and screens of course, since those will have their own pages.) Most of the old guides from other sites also need to be ported and rewritten/redesigned to match our current format.

If you'd like to be considered for one of these positions then feel free to send any one of us a PM. We will only be looking at recruiting people who have been proven to be active members though. This is a very large project and we need all hands on deck.

Also, if you have board scans or pictures or anything of that nature feel free to post them under the "Guide submissions" forum. I have created a new prefix, the "Board scan" prefix that can be used to sort threads.

Thanks,

The Staff

Last edited:

BocuD

Portables
I could provide rvl-cpu-001 and 030 (pal) scans and information, pinouts and whatever else is needed.
Also wiimote / nunchuck / balance board scans.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Aside from Wii Mini RVO-CPU-10, and that strange dummy board @watsug found, I believe I have a fresh version of every known NTSC board in my possession, along with every known WiFi module, BT module, and possibly every disc drive version, if that's useful. Do the PAL Wii boards differ from the NTSC Wii boards other than software?

I also have a fresh and fully functional Wii U (WUP-01) console thats ready and willing to die for our sins.

Bakuku

Portables
I’ll make some scans of PAL Gamecubes next week

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I can start doing some scans of the NTSC Nintendo64. Is there any regular method for doing scans?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I can start doing some scans of the NTSC Nintendo64. Is there any regular method for doing scans?
With or without components? Without, you'd just drop the board on a flatbed scanner and scan it like paper, but with components you'd most likely have to line up a camera on a tripod or something.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
With or without components? Without, you'd just drop the board on a flatbed scanner and scan it like paper, but with components you'd most likely have to line up a camera on a tripod or something.
Ah I see. I was thinking with components, but if I could do without as well. My wife has a DSLR camera that I could use to make some nice scans of it. Is there a section to post these or can we just post them here?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If the board is still working, don't take the components off, that'd be a waste :P
As for where to put them,

Also, if you have board scans or pictures or anything of that nature feel free to post them under the "Guide submissions" forum. I have created a new prefix, the "Board scan" prefix that can be used to sort threads.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
If the board is still working, don't take the components off, that'd be a waste :P
As for where to put them,
:facepalm: - Well that's what you get for skimming the thread. lol

Ampz

I have a folder on my computer of some diagrams of consoles. I can send them to you too see if you can find anything useful.

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Hi, is this project still alive? If I click on "Wiki" I get "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."... I would really like to document some stuff :/

Why not setup a doku-/mediawiki and let everybody write up something? Worked pretty well on gc-forever.

BocuD

Portables
Hi, is this project still alive? If I click on "Wiki" I get "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."... I would really like to document some stuff :/
Why not setup a doku-/mediawiki and let everybody write up something? Worked pretty well on gc-forever.
That would be a great idea. However i do think that every article would need to be verified by someone before it can be published.