How to look for TFT driver board

Heya, everyone!

I'm here looking for help once again, this time I need help finding a driver/controller board for a display I think would fit my portable as I have not managed to do so myself.
The screen is a 5 inch 800x480p TFT IPS screen, specifically this one. It says something about ST7262 controller type, though apart from some datasheets about the "protocol" itself I didn't find anything.
Am I doing something wrong? I've searched on Ebay, Aliexpress and Digi-Key for anything similar to a driver board yet I, once again, didn't find anything.
Any help (including just calling me an idiot for doing something completely wrong) is appreciated!

I don't know if you have tried this but sometimes i'll search for screen combos (screen and driver) that have a similar if not the same screen and buying the driver from that combo. I usually search by screen type, resolution and inches.
hope it helps.
Edit: I was looking and it seems a 24 bit Rgb like some more generic screens maybe if I find a screen with the same pinout and a driver for that screen...
Edit2: Found the screen with the driver https://www.orientdisplay.com/es/products/5-0-raspberry-pi-tft-with-rtp-800x480-800-nits-vga-hdmi-usb-interface
Edit3: If you found this board i think it whould work, but if you haven't purchased the screen I would recomend getting another as I couldn't find the board alone anywhere
1675019865384.pngEdit4:amazon.com/Driver-Universal-Controller-AT070TN92-AT065TN14/dp/B08N45Q8SS

Last edited:
I don't know if you have tried this but sometimes i'll search for screen combos (screen and driver) that have a similar if not the same screen and buying the driver from that combo. I usually search by screen type, resolution and inches.
hope it helps.
Edit: I was looking and it seems a 24 bit Rgb like some more generic screens maybe if I find a screen with the same pinout and a driver for that screen...
Edit2: Found the screen with the driver https://www.orientdisplay.com/es/products/5-0-raspberry-pi-tft-with-rtp-800x480-800-nits-vga-hdmi-usb-interface
Edit3: If you found this board i think it whould work, but if you haven't purchased the screen I would recomend getting another as I couldn't find the board alone anywhere
View attachment 25979Edit4:amazon.com/Driver-Universal-Controller-AT070TN92-AT065TN14/dp/B08N45Q8SS

Thanks for the help! Though the one you sent in edit 2 sadly can't be bought (with the board) apparently, so I still have to find something else.
The board you sent in edit 4 seems to have 50 pins while the screen has 40 pins from what I can tell.
If anyone can recommend any sites for screens and more specifically control boards (preferably in EU, I don't wanna pay 2x for shipping), I'd be very thankful.

Thanks for the help! Though the one you sent in edit 2 sadly can't be bought (with the board) apparently, so I still have to find something else.
The board you sent in edit 4 seems to have 50 pins while the screen has 40 pins from what I can tell.
If anyone can recommend any sites for screens and more specifically control boards (preferably in EU, I don't wanna pay 2x for shipping), I'd be very thankful.
Just found this board I think this is the one but I didn’t looked further

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you're after a 16:9 5" IPS screen for a portable, you can order one plus a driver board from 4layertech

It's the tried and true "recommended" screen, and is the one we have most experience with.

If you're after a 16:9 5" IPS screen for a portable, you can order one plus a driver board from 4layertech

It's the tried and true "recommended" screen, and is the one we have most experience with.
Thanks for the recommendation! Guess I'll have to go with this as any screen of similar quality or size is either not viable or more expensive despite the 4Layer Tech one shipping across continents.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks for the recommendation! Guess I'll have to go with this as any screen of similar quality or size is either not viable or more expensive despite the 4Layer Tech one shipping across continents.
Just be aware that it only supports composite video and progressive scan VGA inputs. No HDMI or YPbPr

Just be aware that it only supports composite video and progressive scan VGA inputs. No HDMI or YPbPr
I'm aware of that and VGA is all I need as I will just be building a Wii portable, though what I don't know is how much power the screen draws as my 3V3 regulator only outputs up to about 3A and I don't want to "underpower" my portable.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm aware of that and VGA is all I need as I will just be building a Wii portable, though what I don't know is how much power the screen draws as my 3V3 regulator only outputs up to about 3A and I don't want to "underpower" my portable.
IIRC screens like that draw way less than even 1A when modded and powered directly. You don't really have to worry about the current draw

IIRC screens like that draw way less than even 1A when modded and powered directly. You don't really have to worry about the current draw
OK, that's all questions answered for now then, thanks a lot!