Secret Santa 2022: Post your gifts here!

MikaMaslak

PrankMaster 2022
Portables
@MikaMaslak, I nominate you for best prank of the year!!! I opened a mysterious package, and was greeted with the following paper:

View attachment 25574

I straight up thought this was legit until I actually read it. You had me in the first half, not gonna lie. Taking a better look into the package, I found the so-called "Christmas Tree Portable"

View attachment 25575View attachment 25576View attachment 25577View attachment 25578View attachment 25579

This thing is a piece of art and I shall cherish it for the rest of my days. It goes quite well with my other PPI stuff:

View attachment 25580

There was another box! With all the following in it:

View attachment 25581

A Pi 3B with a cool heatsink, a Pickit 3 clone, some Pokemon stickers, some googly eyes, some micro SD cards (apparently they're cursed and won't work with Wiis) and a very nice, handwritten note!

Thank you thank you thank you for all the goodies! Who knows, maybe I'll have to redeem that coffee offer someday
Very glad you enjoyed it! I wanted to give you a memorable Secret Santa. I know how much you LOVE PPI, all the threads you have made in the past about memes from their portables have been hilarious to me... so I made you a little commission ;) inspired by a Charlie's brown Christmas tree.

The SD cards are special ultra high write cycle cards I have a billion of these things lying around so I figured you could at the very least use them in a steam deck, switch or security cameras. I have tried sooo many different ways to get the wii to recognize them to no luck, even screwing with the on card firmware in FFU mode. All I have learned from that endeavor is that micron's high density SD and the Wii were not meant to be.

@Stitches, I would just like to thank the academy for recognizing my mad pranking talent's and will treasure this title bestowed upon me.

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
My secret Santa this year got me an electric screw driver (with USB C) :D. I have seen people I work with using these with the inferior USB 2.0 charger. Has already made taking things apart so much easier.
View attachment 25638
Nice get! I have one of these myself, they're alright. I'll use it whenever im too lazy to use a regular screwdriver to unscrew lol

I may be late, but I wanted to post my secret Santa gifts here! I’m not sure who mine was, as there was no name on a package or note, but they gave me 4 older iPhones and a VHS tape thing! They sure as hell read my interests lol
97586153-CEE3-4D34-B73D-0B13868F3351.jpeg

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
I'm also a little late to the party. One of the packages sent to me was drop shipped and the other got stuck in shipping for a few days due to last week's bad weather.

Funny story, the first package came in a box labelled all around it "Big Bad Toy Store". While in the mail room a woman and I were trying to find our packages and whatnot and were keeping an eye out for each other's mail. She ended up finding mine and I'm 99% certain she thought there was "something else" in the box because of that branding haha.

Inside was a very lovely figure of Holo from the series Spice and Wolf! I enjoyed watching the anime probably 8 years ago and have recently been reading the novels so this is kind of perfect!
1672277048106.png
1672277131017.png

I'm so surprised with the quality of this figure, there's such fine details everywhere. Pretty much everything that looks off in the pictures isn't discernible by eye and is probably only being pulled out by my phone's macro lens. The pouch of wheat around her neck even moves freely, which again is something that's impressive. 10/10 from someone who did injection molding and tuned machine settings, those press operators better be getting paid well.

The other package had basically everything necessary to build a Noldendo with a really nicely printed case - a Wii, RVL-PSU, hardware, etc. Build stream maybe "Some day"?
PXL_20221229_003451935.jpg

I've already expressed it via private messages, but many thanks @CrazyGadget ! The gifts are amazing, can't wait for MGC to hang out.

Bonus video - apparently I know Spice and Wolf well enough.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Just got back from my travels and was greeted with a mysterious package.

First thing from my Santa was a new Pikmin plushie for my cat to chew on. This one looks to be a bit more legit than my questionable ebay acquisition from earlier this year.
20221230_210808.jpg

Santa also gave me a hand drawn/painted canvas of my favorite W character! Happy to have another custom Waluigi thing to add to my collection of unique Waluigi items (all of which came through the BitBuilt secret Santa, imagine that).
20221230_210854.jpg

And lastly, they included a 4-layer Wii mobo and a U-Amp, both of which will be put to good use.
20221230_210826.jpg
Thanks for the mix of shelf decorations and project parts Santa!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
My secret Santa did some shopping this year!

IMG_20221219_212229_327.jpg

While "cheese" and "tetris" may not have been the easiest categories to ship things in, @CrashBash still managed to get me some awesome stuff

IMG_20221231_000955_659.jpg

This reinforced cooler will go great for bringing drinks and such with me! Also some salt and pepper grinders, and a big yeti cup.

IMG_20221231_001002_539.jpg

Crash remembered my comment that I thought the pallet of sticky notes was cool, and also included a quick reload blade thingy and some cheese soap

IMG_20221231_001023_837.jpg

And a blanket to keep me warm in this cold front, as well as every mgc! Now instead of the crazy guy in shorts and sandals, I'll be the crazy guy in shorts and sandals with a warm blanket B|

Thanks again santa!

Attachments

Portables
Just got back from my travels and was greeted with a mysterious package.

First thing from my Santa was a new Pikmin plushie for my cat to chew on. This one looks to be a bit more legit than my questionable ebay acquisition from earlier this year.
View attachment 25700

Santa also gave me a hand drawn/painted canvas of my favorite W character! Happy to have another custom Waluigi thing to add to my collection of unique Waluigi items (all of which came through the BitBuilt secret Santa, imagine that).
View attachment 25701

And lastly, they included a 4-layer Wii mobo and a U-Amp, both of which will be put to good use.
View attachment 25702Thanks for the mix of shelf decorations and project parts Santa!
I’m really happy you like the gifts, happy holidays

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
My secret Santa did some shopping this year!

View attachment 25706
While "cheese" and "tetris" may not have been the easiest categories to ship things in, @CrashBash still managed to get me some awesome stuff

View attachment 25710
This reinforced cooler will go great for bringing drinks and such with me! Also some salt and pepper grinders, and a big yeti cup.

View attachment 25711
Crash remembered my comment that I thought the pallet of sticky notes was cool, and also included a quick reload blade thingy and some cheese soap

View attachment 25709
And a blanket to keep me warm in this cold front, as well as every mgc! Now instead of the crazy guy in shorts and sandals, I'll be the crazy guy in shorts and sandals with a warm blanket B|

Thanks again santa!
1672479690029.png

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
The elusive Christmas cheese foot.

Kamp

I also just received a package from my anonymous Secret Santa!
They sent me some amazing looking molded Gamecube controller buttons and what I believe is a cooling solution for a portable Wii (feel free to correct me on that)!
20230103_195856.jpg
20230103_195905.jpg
20230103_195910.jpg

The first set has a bottom layer of clear bubbly resin and a second layer of clear resin with tiny fish and shells embedded in them.
The second set changes color with heat. It was hard to capture with the camera, but they become iridescent and it has an awesome effect.
I'm super impressed with how both sets look, thank you so much Santa!
The Secret Santa wrote that they had initially order Dreamcast buttons, but those ended up getting lost in shipping and that they hoped I had a use for Gamecube buttons.
I'm sorry you had a hassle with getting my gift, but I think I have the perfect project for the buttons you sent ;)
20230103_220117.jpg
20230103_220320.jpg

PS. The water button set looks awesome with light shining from below and has single handedly made me want to add button LEDs to my project

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I also just received a package from my anonymous Secret Santa!
They sent me some amazing looking molded Gamecube controller buttons and what I believe is a cooling solution for a portable Wii (feel free to correct me on that)!
View attachment 25747View attachment 25748View attachment 25749
The first set has a bottom layer of clear bubbly resin and a second layer of clear resin with tiny fish and shells embedded in them.
The second set changes color with heat. It was hard to capture with the camera, but they become iridescent and it has an awesome effect.
I'm super impressed with how both sets look, thank you so much Santa!
The Secret Santa wrote that they had initially order Dreamcast buttons, but those ended up getting lost in shipping and that they hoped I had a use for Gamecube buttons.
I'm sorry you had a hassle with getting my gift, but I think I have the perfect project for the buttons you sent ;)
View attachment 25750View attachment 25751
PS. The water button set looks awesome with light shining from below and has single handedly made me want to add button LEDs to my project
1672809141443.png

YAHARR.png