Ashida Wii Portable

Tak00

In the first post there are links to download the case files
I checked and ran into two problems, one is to change the file format but if I do, it says it'll become unusable. That means change from .RAR to .OBJ or something else.

The next problem is the file limit, I understand that the Ashida case is huge, but I need to find a way to make it into two parts. The file limit is at <50MB, I want to get the case so that I can buy the parts. I tried looking for different methods and no luck. Could you help me out?

MP3

Portables
I checked and ran into two problems, one is to change the file format but if I do, it says it'll become unusable. That means change from .RAR to .OBJ or something else.

The next problem is the file limit, I understand that the Ashida case is huge, but I need to find a way to make it into two parts. The file limit is at <50MB, I want to get the case so that I can buy the parts. I tried looking for different methods and no luck. Could you help me out?
A RAR file is an archive format. You'll need to extract it using a program like 7-zip or WinRAR, and then you'll end up with a folder with all the case files in it.

Tak00

A RAR file is an archive format. You'll need to extract it using a program like 7-zip or WinRAR, and then you'll end up with a folder with all the case files in it.
Good news, I got the files.

Bad news, when I choose the file, it says "File Extension Error"

Screenshot_20221118_050115.png

Good news, I got the files.

Bad news, when I choose the file, it says "File Extension Error"

Screenshot_20221118_050115.png
Nevermind, I'm dumb. I tested and it worked.

S1234P

Are the threads on the 3d print sufficient for the screws. I’m thinking of putting in metal threaded inserts in the print, would I be able to just put threaded inserts in the threaded areas of the model as is or would the model need to be modified(screw posts widened) to allow for the size of the insert. Just concerned of just straight screwing in the print.
i guess another option would be to get smaller screws with smaller threaded inserts that would fit the screw posts

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Are the threads on the 3d print sufficient for the screws. I’m thinking of putting in metal threaded inserts in the print, would I be able to just put threaded inserts in the threaded areas of the model as is or would the model need to be modified(screw posts widened) to allow for the size of the insert. Just concerned of just straight screwing in the print.
i guess another option would be to get smaller screws with smaller threaded inserts that would fit the screw posts
It's designed for direct screwing into the case, FDM prints can take a considerable amount of screwing/unscrewing before failure. Resin prints aren't as forgiving but plenty of others have built the Ashida without threaded inserts.

S1234P

It's designed for direct screwing into the case, FDM prints can take a considerable amount of screwing/unscrewing before failure. Resin prints aren't as forgiving but plenty of others have built the Ashida without threaded inserts.
Alright thanks, just curious.

Portables
No portables (Yet)
So I know you said that you figured out your file problem, but id thought that I’d put this out there. This site is good for extracting since it can do most archaived files, it’s easy to use (just upload the file or the file link) and it’s free. If this was a dumb post, just tell me and I’ll take it down. But this is something I use and it’s work every time (but you probably don’t care)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
So I know you said that you figured out your file problem, but id thought that I’d put this out there. This site is good for extracting since it can do most archaived files, it’s easy to use (just upload the file or the file link) and it’s free. If this was a dumb post, just tell me and I’ll take it down. But this is something I use and it’s work every time (but you probably don’t care)
It's not really dumb, some people aren't able to install or run external programs on their systems. This would be useful for them

S1234P

I was thinking about getting a screen protector for the 5inch 16:9 ips screen, cause of the size and product it’s very difficult to find one, can anyone help me with this.
Most likely thinking if I can’t find a temped glass screen protector i might get those plastic films and just cut it myself.

Last edited:
Portables
Hey everyone, is the PCB set going to be available again soon? It says its out of stock :(

Portables
Thank you! I actually sent a message to 4 layer technologies and quote " We have plenty, sorry I didnt realize the inventory number went to 0. " haha so we good

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I was thinking about getting a screen protector for the 5inch 16:9 ips screen, cause of the size and product it’s very difficult to find one, can anyone help me with this.
Most likely thinking if I can’t find a temped glass screen protector i might get those plastic films and just cut it myself.
I've never managed to find one. I think taking a slide chop to a larger plastic film one is the game plan

Tak00

Question, right now I got the 3D models to pcbway and it's under review, how long does it take to review?

Toward the bottom of the page is the info for the wifi relocation. I'm not bothering at the moment, but it should be possible to get it in there. If you have the modified firmware, I guess it's not required.
Heres my plan.

Somehow get wifi working,
somehow find and add a wasp fusion to retain a faux "disk drive"
install CTGP (Mario kart custom track client which requires you have a Mario kart wii disc inserted)
play online and be able to upload time trial ghosts on the CTGP database

easy right? haha