G-Boy PCB Files?

Portables
Oh nice I already bought 2 of the regular ones but I’ll definitely buy this newer one next time. Thanks for the info

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
How do I solder the new driver board to the G-boy?
Desolder the DC power jack and check the silkscreen on the back of the board to identify the pinout of the DC input and the VGA connector.

Then follow steps 12 and 15 from the manual like normal, adjusting for the different location of the VGA and DC pins. Dustin said the 480p driver board takes 5v in through the DC jack natively, so you can skip the 5v modding bit and just supply 5v and GND to the DC jack pins.

I don't think he mentioned whether any of the other ports need to be desoldered and removed, so you'll have to check that yourself when closing the system up.

So I'm trying to read through your files and understand, do you have all of the files needed to make a GBoy included in your GBOY_FILES.zip folder? I really want to make one but I don't really know what all is available right now and what isn't. Also, I am pretty new to this hobby, why do you have 22 AWG, 30 AWG, and 34AWG magnet wire in the BOM?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That's the first one I linked

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Turn off your adblocker for the site. You're probably blocking the Amazon url.

We don't even have ads.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
There is only one linked. Can you link it again?
Wouldn't help, I just rechecked the link and saw it's AU stock only. Sadly the Kingston adapters are a rare find as of recent, you'll have to look around more yourself and/or do some science and test some other adapters

Could I use any 3.5 inch screen for this or is there something else included in the one linked in the BOM? The link is all in Chinese to idk what all in really being included.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
where can i get the thermester?
I don't know the part number, but you don't need the thermistor for the system to work. It's an optional safety net to prevent accidental activation in an enclosed space from cooking it to death and/or causing a fire.

First off, excellent work on this thread! Secondly, I was wondering if anyone knew what resistors or ladder configuration is needed for the button controls on the new driver board? Looking around online at docs related to the ut-hdmi035 proved rather fruitless...

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
First off, excellent work on this thread! Secondly, I was wondering if anyone knew what resistors or ladder configuration is needed for the button controls on the new driver board? Looking around online at docs related to the ut-hdmi035 proved rather fruitless...
The resistor ladder is on the driver board itself, rather than an external button board, so you can wire buttons straight to the header points. If you do need the exact values, I can take a look at a board I have on hand at a later time.