5 Inch Eyoyo Component Screen

H and V sync are for VGA, you would connect to the VGA connector, or follow the traces back and connect to where they go. You'll also need R, G, and B if you want to get a video signal out of it too :P
can i use this vga scheme on any board that has this same chip model?RTD2660H?

I'm wondering how to install component video on ps2 portable on controller board

Luke

Portables

I'm wondering how to install component video on ps2 portable on controller board
This particular board apparently has a quirk in that the RGB pins are out of order, and what Cheese posted is the typical pinout.

If you had this exact board, Stitches picture is the one to follow.

But if as you say you have another driver that happens to use the same chip, it doesn't stand to reason that the driver would *necessarily* have the same mistake - I would default to using the correct pinout unless I knew otherwise.

Side note, you seem to be using the terms VGA and Component interchangeably and they're not quite the same, as Cheese noted, VGA uses H and V sync in addition to RGB.

Hope this helps!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables

This particular board apparently has a quirk in that the RGB pins are out of order, and what Cheese posted is the typical pinout.

But if as you say you have another driver that happens to use the same chip, it doesn't stand to reason that the driver would *necessarily* have the same mistake - I would default to using the correct pinout unless I knew otherwise.

Side note, you seem to be using the terms VGA and Component interchangeably and they're not quite the same, as Cheese noted, VGA uses H and V sync in addition to RGB.

Hope this helps!
Just to confirm, VGA input uses the "correct" typical pinout as shown in any VGA diagram out there. It's just the component input mode that they for some reason set the pins out of order

Esta placa em particular aparentemente tem uma peculiaridade em que os pinos RGB estão fora de ordem, e o que Cheese postou é a pinagem típica.

Se você tivesse essa prancha exata, a imagem de Stitches é a que segue.

Mas se, como você diz, você tem outro driver que usa o mesmo chip, não é lógico que o driver *necessariamente* tenha o mesmo erro - eu usaria como padrão a pinagem correta, a menos que soubesse o contrário.

Nota lateral, você parece estar usando os termos VGA e Component de forma intercambiável e eles não são exatamente os mesmos, como Cheese observou, VGA usa sincronização H e V além de RGB.

Espero que isto ajude!
[/CITAR]

Hope this helps!
thank you very much, I understand only this board has a different connection, so I can use the typical pinout on other boards that have VGA with a chip model RTD2660H

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
thank you very much, I understand only this board has a different connection, so I can use the typical pinout on other boards that have VGA with a chip model RTD2660H
Chip model is irrelevent. If it has a soldered in VGA port, the pinout is always the same. If the board uses JST connectors, the pinout will be marked in the silkscreen on the underside of the board

Chip model is irrelevent. If it has a soldered in VGA port, the pinout is always the same. If the board uses JST connectors, the pinout will be marked in the silkscreen on the underside of the board
Thank you friend

friend sorry to bother, but why did you circle that part in red and white?
I circled in green showing

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
friend sorry to bother, but why did you circle that part in red and white?
I circled in green showing
Those are the right and left audio in points. Right is red and left is white, like standard RCA inputs

Those are the right and left audio in points. Right is red and left is white, like standard RCA inputs
I see, have you ever made a portable console? do you have a project post done? Would like to see

necrobump!! I hope someone can dump this firmware and we can use it to build more yPbPr screens!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
necrobump!! I hope someone can dump this firmware and we can use it to build more yPbPr screens!
If that was ever done, it wouldn't be shared here. Much like sharing ROMs, sharing RTD firmware dumps is illegal

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
Necroposting is generally frowned upon on forums, there probably wasn't any reason to bring this thread back after a month of inactivity.

Anyways, only really legal way to do this is to do a clean room reverse engineering effort, which would involve dumping the firmware, reverse engineering it to understand how it works, and reimplementing it from scratch. The original firmware binaries should not be shared around because it would be copyright infringement to do so.