Ashida Wii Portable

MJMT

Portables
Got a link to an alternate audio jack since they are "coming soon"?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It's a linear potentiometer, so electrically that would function. However I'm not sure how you'd mount it, and I don't think it'd fit. If you're unable to order from Mouser, you'd be much better off finding another store with the same part, rather than trying to sub it out.

im_ad

There was some discussion about printing on an Ender 3. I was able to get it to print, although it was at a weird angle and there's some (slightly) rough parts where the supports connected. Overall its perfectly acceptable and I think it came out great.

Print info in case someone is interested:
-Printed on an Ender V2 (it barely fits, but will indeed work)
- Standard PLA filament
- Slicer software was Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1
- Using default setting for my printer model (setup using Cura's wizard) with two exceptions:
- Print Temp 205C (slightly higher than default)
- Print Speed slightly slower than default, I believe its a little slower than 40mm/s
-Printed on best quality (0.12mm)

If someone would like the Gcode I am happy to share.View attachment 21661View attachment 21662View attachment 21663View attachment 21664View attachment 21666
if you still have the files can you please send them to me, it would be appreciated

Hey Wesk, out of curiosity how did you create the rest of the case other than the 3D scan? Did you do it with a sculpting program or just create the custom pieces and overlap it with the rest of the scanned model?

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Hey Wesk, out of curiosity how did you create the rest of the case other than the 3D scan? Did you do it with a sculpting program or just create the custom pieces and overlap it with the rest of the scanned model?
It was a mix of cad and sculpting applications.

Hey Wesk

great design and portable, def building one, I got everything from the BOM, working on the pcbs and stuff from the 4layer info but was wondering if there's a build guide in the similar fashion to the gboy where there's no guessing game of the soldering? I'm currently using the trim guide n the gboy manual to solder which isn't great cuz alot of the pcbs look different

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Hey Wesk

great design and portable, def building one, I got everything from the BOM, working on the pcbs and stuff from the 4layer info but was wondering if there's a build guide in the similar fashion to the gboy where there's no guessing game of the soldering? I'm currently using the trim guide n the gboy manual to solder which isn't great cuz alot of the pcbs look different
There's diagrams on the 4layertech website for each of the boards. The rest of the info you can find in the 'Definitive Wii trimming guide' and the GBoy build manual is also a good resource.

There's diagrams on the 4layertech website for each of the boards. The rest of the info you can find in the 'Definitive Wii trimming guide' and the GBoy build manual is also a good resource.
thanks wesk I'll throw the pics of each step in my worklog for future noobs

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
thanks wesk I'll throw the pics of each step in my worklog for future noobs
Throwing a link in there may be useful as well in case there's a revision or a new diagram gets made/etc.

Hili

Hi, I ordered the display and driver board from 4layertech and it's working great but the image is not centered. How can I auto adjust the image?