Question Ps2 VGA

hello good morning friends, I have a lot of doubt, I bought one on aliexpress that supports VGA playback but it seems to me that few games support being displayed in VGA so I would like to know if it is possible to connect componente video instead of VGA if so, how? on ps2 portable.

Attachments

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
hello good morning friends, I have a lot of doubt, I bought one on aliexpress that supports VGA playback but it seems to me that few games support being displayed in VGA so I would like to know if it is possible to connect componente video instead of VGA if so, how? on ps2 portable.
The guide mentions that "The CPU outputs a 1.7v logic level Horizontal and Vertical sync so native VGA can be easily achieved using the sync signals and RGB; no need for a YPbPr-to-VGA converter. However, most PS2 games do not support progressive video so your screen should be compatible with an interlaced signal."

VGA will work, but most PS2 games won't support progressive video. If your screen supports an interlaced signal, it should work. In regards to the screen, I don't believe it supports component. VGA does have Y/yellow Pb/blue Pr/red, but you need H and V sync.

so it's not advantageous to use VGA and limit yourself to a dozen games, right. I bought this same screen to do this same lesson, but now I'm sad to know that few games work

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
so it's not advantageous to use VGA and limit yourself to a dozen games, right. I bought this same screen to do this same lesson, but now I'm sad to know that few games work
VGA at 480i should be perfectly fine for all games. If your screen supports 480i, you should be good.

Alternatively, you can also wire up composite and switch channels whenever appropriate.

cfc_12

Portables
it does work on almost all games

there are few games where VGA doesn't boot on it like a game called Ico

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The Eyoyo 5 inch screen I discovered a few years ago accepts component in natively. It's the perfect screen for a PS2 portable. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/5-inch-eyoyo-component-screen.1967/

cfc_12

Portables
If that's the screen that you're using, I believe that is not gonna display Component.

Just like Stitches said, the Eyoyo screen accepts Component natively since there's a display option there which is YPbPr.

The screen that you are currently using right now does not have a YPbPr display option, but only VGA and AV.

If that's the screen that you're using, I believe that is not gonna display Component.

Just like Stitches said, the Eyoyo screen accepts Component natively since there's a display option there which is YPbPr.

The screen that you are currently using right now does not have a YPbPr display option, but only VGA and AV.
and as in the video I posted above it uses VGA and it's the same screen I bought.