Solved Will all of the parts work together?

Will all of the parts work together?

Wii Family Edition - Modded with RVLoader v 1.5
GC + 2 - for controls
soft touch tactile pushbutton - for buttons
Joy-Con Joystick - for joysticks
pms pd 2 - for usb and usb-c charging
RVL PMS Lite - for power management
4LayerTech 800x480 IPS Screen & Driver Board - screen
Panasonic 18650 Battery 3450mAh - battery
keystone electronics 18650 holder - holds battery
Speakers from digikey - speakers
joystick breakout board - 2 pack from 4layertech
U-Amp-2 with headphone jack - for sounds

Did I miss anything? By the way this is for a Wii portable.

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
That should all be good, though for the battery holder, you're probably only going to use that for testing purposes, it would be more space efficient to just incorporate a battery holder into your case, akin to the G-Boy or Ashida. Other than that, all of those parts look good to me! Keep in mind that if you don't already have the tools, you'll need to invest in a good soldering iron, solder, flux, as well as 22 and 34awg wire, among other things.

you'll need to invest in a good soldering iron, solder, flux, as well as 22 and 34awg wire, among other things.
I have everything except the wires.
22 awg wire - amazon
34 awg wire - amazon
Are these fine, or is there something else I'm missing?

That should all be good, though for the battery holder, you're probably only going to use that for testing purposes, it would be more space efficient to just incorporate a battery holder into your case, akin to the G-Boy or Ashida.
Okay, I will add a battery holder to my case once I design it.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
They seem alright to me, But I don't know if there are recommended ones.
The Ashida BOM has the recommended sinks and fans. TBH tho it's a better idea to build something tried, true, and easy like an Ashida first, then do a custom design afterwards with what you've learned

The Ashida BOM has the recommended sinks and fans. TBH tho it's a better idea to build something tried, true, and easy like an Ashida first, then do a custom design afterwards with what you've learned
Thank you for letting me know about the recommended heatsink and fan. I'll use those instead!

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
You could also use the single fan, single heatsink with a copper plate setup used in the G-Boy / G-Wii / WiiVision / Louii / etc. It's a bit more compact than the setup used in the Ashida. You can usually do it with a 35/30x10/7mm fan / heatsink combo.

You could also use the single fan, single heatsink with a copper plate setup used in the G-Boy / G-Wii / WiiVision / Louii / etc. It's a bit more compact than the setup used in the Ashida. You can usually do it with a 35/30x10/7mm fan / heatsink combo.
Noted.

I'll probably end up using this,
Recommended heatsink and fan found.
but I might try the more compact
You could also use the single fan, single heatsink with a copper plate setup used in the G-Boy / G-Wii / WiiVision / Louii / etc.
form you told me about.