Question PS Vita Mod - Screen help

Hi,

I was looking to try my first handheld mod by repurposing a PS Vita I have laying around. I was going to try my hand at designing a PCB with some features I need along with using a Compute Module 4 as the brains of it all. While doing some initial research I saw that the front panel and screen seem to be glued together.

I tried to do some googling of numbers on the ribbon cable to see if I could find a part number to find a driver to use for the screen but no luck.

I was thinking my only options now are:
1): Use a heat gun to attempt to remove the screen from the front panel
2): Try to find a seller who sells a front panel without a screen and source my own screen?

First electronics project of this type so I would apprentice any advice!

Portables
Hi,

I was looking to try my first handheld mod by repurposing a PS Vita I have laying around. I was going to try my hand at designing a PCB with some features I need along with using a Compute Module 4 as the brains of it all. While doing some initial research I saw that the front panel and screen seem to be glued together.

I tried to do some googling of numbers on the ribbon cable to see if I could find a part number to find a driver to use for the screen but no luck.

2): Try to find a seller who sells a front panel without a screen and source my own screen?

For the screen the only way to remove is with heat gun. And I don’t think they sell just the panel you could remodel it and 3d print.

Hi,

Below the link of the PsVita screen, I believe it is better to buy the screen. Which controller do you intend to use, have you done any tests? because the vita screen is MIPI architecture.

5" display oled 960x554 ams495qa04

Below the link of the PsVita screen, I believe it is better to buy the screen. Which controller do you intend to use, have you done any tests? because the vita screen is MIPI architecture.

5" display oled 960x554 ams495qa04

Ty for the links! I haven't looked into controllers yet, I'm still trying to plan it all out. Will give those screens a look!

Portables
A while ago I was looking into building a ps2 portable and using my vita 1000 I have laying around, I planned on 3d printing to replace the front glass panel. Good luck and hopefully you find a panel.