Question Om6 Bluetooth relocation is not working

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
The way I do it is to tin the magnet wire (burn off the enamel at the tip), trim the wire tip to length with flush cutters, stick just the tip into the via, add solder to the tip of my iron, and put the iron on top of the via + wire, making as much contact with the via as possible. You also want to be careful that your iron isn't contacting the wire anywhere besides the tip or you'll burn the enamel coating off. It seems like you're not putting your wire in the via at all and that will make it more difficult and not make a strong connection. Don't shove a lot of wire down the via though or it will go through and potentially short something under the chip.

The way I do it is to tin the magnet wire (burn off the enamel at the tip), trim the wire tip to length with flush cutters, stick just the tip into the via, add solder to the tip of my iron, and put the iron on top of the via + wire, making as much contact with the via as possible. You also want to be careful that your iron isn't contacting the wire anywhere besides the tip or you'll burn the enamel coating off. It seems like you're not putting your wire in the via at all and that will make it more difficult and not make a strong connection. Don't shove a lot of wire down the via though or it will go through and potentially short something under the chip.
good advice , however I was wondering if you have any troubleshooting tips for the Bluetooth module before I go and try to resolder the wires for the 3rd time in the last 2 days?

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
good advice , however I was wondering if you have any troubleshooting tips for the Bluetooth module before I go and try to resolder the wires for the 3rd time in the last 2 days?
What are you doing to test it? Are you able to enter the Wii system menu?

Also, I would improve those solder joints on the via or revisit your technique if that's the best you got after 3 tries.

What are you doing to test it? Are you able to enter the Wii system menu?

Also, I would improve those solder joints on the via or revisit your technique if that's the best you got after 3 tries.
1st question: yea I’m testing by trying to enter the menu, it just goes to a black screen.

2nd question: that’s not the best I got after 3 tries, I resoldered it twice and it looks much better but still doesn’t work.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
1st question: yea I’m testing by trying to enter the menu, it just goes to a black screen.

2nd question: that’s not the best I got after 3 tries, I resoldered it twice and it looks much better but still doesn’t work.
Post some updated pictures?