Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

something like shank's gamecube joy cons may be a start to flesh out your idea
Yes I was thinking of doing something exactly like that but making two main Joycons rather are wii motes and then a separate set using the wave bird thing by plugging it in to like the bottom or top

Hey!
Does anyone have info about NAND capacitor values?
Are those required for LMAO trimm to work?
Or can I just get rid of them?
I'm asking about C132 and C131 specifically.
C24 Would be great to know as well.

Anyone can help me with this?
nand.PNG

Ethan

Hi. I hope this is the right place for my question. I received a Portable PS2 from a colleague. The console itself works fine. However, I have problems with the sound. As soon as I go above 720p resolution, I have the sound cut out every few seconds and a loud noise is audible. Since I am a beginner I would be grateful for a tip. The noise can be heard in the video.

Portables
Hi. I hope this is the right place for my question. I received a Portable PS2 from a colleague. The console itself works fine. However, I have problems with the sound. As soon as I go above 720p resolution, I have the sound cut out every few seconds and a loud noise is audible. Since I am a beginner I would be grateful for a tip. The noise can be heard in the video.

You should make a thread in the Sony section and share photos of the inside.

99Kap

If i have a possibly loaded question should i post it here? I don't want to waste anybody's time so I'd like to post it in the proper place.

I'm in the early stages of learning to build a Wii portable and i still need to get a handle on the etiquette of BitBuilt.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
If i have a possibly loaded question should i post it here? I don't want to waste anybody's time so I'd like to post it in the proper place.

I'm in the early stages of learning to build a Wii portable and i still need to get a handle on the etiquette of BitBuilt.
If you are working on a portable I would suggest creating a worklog and asking your questions there.

Portables
Hi, I’m very new to this area and I was looking to get my hands dirty in a portable wii. The things I’ve decided on so far is
1. 3D printed housing
2. Gman’s pms
3. Gman’s u-amp
4. GameCube style controls (don‘t quite understand that part yet)

I think i’m going for 4000 mah (or around that) for battery capacity in 2. cells.

what do people recommend I do for the screen and how I do the controllers?

Also, what speakers do people recomend?

Hello, I recently purchased a couple Wii's to eventually attempt to make portables out of. One of the Wii's I bought was a no-power. No LED at all on the front. I want to attempt to repair this, so I can have an extra board in case I mess up trimming, but also use this as a practice board anyway. When I google "Wii no power" or similar all the results I get are people just talking about "resetting" the AC adapter. Is there any guide/any resources someone could point me to so I can troubleshoot the no power? Main fuse right by AC connector appears to be continuous so I don't think that's blown, that's as far as I got

Hey, I'm a bit newer to the site and not sure where is should go to ask questions.

But does anyone know if there's any issues with X-raying the nintendo wii? anything that would be damaging, I was planning to X-ray mine but I wanted to make sure the console would still be functional afterwards.

Hi, I’m planning a project using the SCPH 7900X PS2. I’m very new to the idea of trimming.

Is it safe to cut off the right most USB port in order to make the board a perfect rectangle? Will everything else still work ok?

Portables

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
I'm planning on buying a resistor kit off amazon, any suggestions? Another question regarding regulators. For custom regulators, how far can I deviate from the guide's prescribed voltage (ex: 3.5V line on PS2). Is there a specific number or percent?

dababy

Ok in darahaz’s portable wii series on YouTube he left a link for a great resistor kit

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm planning on buying a resistor kit off amazon, any suggestions? Another question regarding regulators. For custom regulators, how far can I deviate from the guide's prescribed voltage (ex: 3.5V line on PS2). Is there a specific number or percent?
I don't know the PS2's sensitivity, but a 10-15% margin is perfectly fine for the Wii. Ideally you want to be as close as possible, but you can undershoot the resistance a little bit to account for voltage drop under load

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
Ok in darahaz’s portable wii series on YouTube he left a link for a great resistor kit
Wow, that's hot, just like the model wii.

I don't know the PS2's sensitivity, but a 10-15% margin is perfectly fine for the Wii. Ideally you want to be as close as possible, but you can undershoot the resistance a little bit to account for voltage drop under load
Thanks for the advice!

Is there anywhere I can find a template or guide on how to trim up a Wii to use as a "mini" Wii? I'm looking to make one that has the power and AV out ports along with a GameCube port somewhere.