Question Where can I find a good 3.5 inch screen?

Portables
For the moment… none.
I would like to build a portable and I would like to use a 3.5 inch screen, but I don’t know which one to use. I’ve been looking through old threads but I can’t find an obvious answer. I would really appreciate the help.

dababy

320X240 Resolution LCD Panel Video,VGA Signal Input Digital 3.5 Inch TFT Monitor
Search that in Aliexpress this is the screen used in the gboy

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you want the best possible quality, you can shell out for a PD035VX2, which is 640x480 and accepts VGA for perfect 480p. I have one and they're basically the best compact screen available, but they're quite expensive.

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
For 3.5" 640x480 I'd recommend the JT035IPS02-V0 over the PD035VX2. It's full 24-bit color instead of 18-bit, and IPS. Really vibrant with great viewing angles. Only downside is the Wisecoco driver board doesn't support composite video in AFAIK.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
For 3.5" 640x480 I'd recommend the JT035IPS02-V0 over the PD035VX2. It's full 24-bit color instead of 18-bit, and IPS. Really vibrant with great viewing angles. Only downside is the Wisecoco driver board doesn't support composite video in AFAIK.
Oh shit I made a mistake, that's the screen I have. The PD035VX2 is the one I had to return. My bad, yeah get the JT035IPS02-V0 it's better and not as bullshit expensive

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thank you so much. @Stitches @YveltalGriffin
However, I would rather not order things from Aliexpress.
Sadly that's really the only place you'll find them. Anything particular that you have against the site? Aliexpress has become pretty reliable nowdays. They have half decent buyer security, and so far I've never received no product or the wrong product.

Portables
For the moment… none.
Sadly that's really the only place you'll find them. Anything particular that you have against the site? Aliexpress has become pretty reliable nowdays. They have half decent buyer security, and so far I've never received no product or the wrong product.
The long delivery times is the problem. I have nothing against them, and I know it’s become quite reliable. It’s just that when it comes from china it takes a long time to arrive. (Also rather not buy from eBay)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The long delivery times is the problem. I have nothing against them, and I know it’s become quite reliable. It’s just that when it comes from china it takes a long time to arrive. (Also rather not buy from eBay)
Again, sadly par for the course. Only China really has stock of these obscure panels. You can pay a little more with more sellers to get faster delivery depending on where you live. I can often get stuff via Singapore Post for an extra $10 or so and shave a week or two off the shipping time. Ebay stock is the same. Ultimately it comes down to a convenient but inferior option, or waiting a bit longer for the part

dababy

Ok for the screen I told u abt there is a store in New York that sells and ships them it’s called like good lcd display or something

Portables
For the moment… none.
Ok for the screen I told u abt there is a store in New York that sells and ships them it’s called like good lcd display or something
Ooof… in New York? I would rather order as few things from America as possible. I live in Ireland so the tax would be extremely high. Thanks anyways tho.

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
4Layertech does sell a 5 inch IPS display, but it does ship from the US. Another option, if you don't mind composite video, would be a car backup screen. I'm planning on using a car backup LCD monitor I purchased for 22 bucks off amazon. I haven't been able to test it (Got to trim motherboard then relocate stuff), but I tried a 3.5 inch display a long time ago and it suited my needs. If someone has experience with this screen, please let me know.

image.jpg

Portables
For the moment… none.
4Layertech does sell a 5 inch IPS display, but it does ship from the US. Another option, if you don't mind composite video, would be a car backup screen. I'm planning on using a car backup LCD monitor I purchased for 22 bucks off amazon. I haven't been able to test it (Got to trim motherboard then relocate stuff), but I tried a 3.5 inch display a long time ago and it suited my needs. If someone has experience with this screen, please let me know.

View attachment 22845
I know 4 layer tech has a 5 inch screen. Whatever can’t be bought anywhere else I’ll buy from America. But thanks for the tip I might just look into using a car backup screen.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I know 4 layer tech has a 5 inch screen. Whatever can’t be bought anywhere else I’ll buy from America. But thanks for the tip I might just look into using a car backup screen.
Just be aware that most backup screens are composite only and have pretty shitty panels

cfc_12

Portables
I would like to build a portable and I would like to use a 3.5 inch screen, but I don’t know which one to use. I’ve been looking through old threads but I can’t find an obvious answer. I would really appreciate the help.
VGA

Is this screen compatible for PS2?

Since ps2 video signals outputs only 15kHz