G-boy rev 3 vga problem?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
You should be able to get to the Wii home screen from the RVLoader menu. If BT is good, you'll get the warning safety screen, if it's not good, you'll get a black screen.

1NK

After re-wiring the module a couple times, I still only get the black screen. I've checked my wiring and everything is connecting as it should, I hope the module itself isn't broken or something.

I have another Bluetooth module from a different console, but I don't know if that would work if I soldered that one in instead.

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
Just out of curiosity, have you tried switching to composite video to test going to the home screen? I have (and some other have had) Wiis where the home menu will show on composite, but not VGA.

1NK

For some reason video doesn't show from composite anymore.

1NK

I just tried it and still not getting video out from composite.

1NK

Yeah I am, the screen on the g-boy itself is still working fine.

Viilmo

Portables
Just out of curiosity, have you tried switching to composite video to test going to the home screen? I have (and some other have had) Wiis where the home menu will show on composite, but not VGA.
Is there a reason to this? I wanted a to make a Wii with VGA used on the homescreen (not for a portable) but couldn't get VGA on the homescreen.

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
Is there a reason to this? I wanted a to make a Wii with VGA used on the homescreen (not for a portable) but couldn't get VGA on the homescreen.
I've talked to a couple people about this, and none of us can find any rhyme or reason for this issue. We've just kind of not worried about it since, in most people's cases, access to the home screen is never needed.

1NK

Is there another way to test the bluetooth module? I tried testing it with a wii game where it asks to sync a wii remote, but I can't seem to get it to pair. Of course that may just be because my soldering may not be good or my Bluetooth module is bad.

Viilmo

Portables
Is there another way to test the bluetooth module? I tried testing it with a wii game where it asks to sync a wii remote, but I can't seem to get it to pair. Of course that may just be because my soldering may not be good or my Bluetooth module is bad.
Did you turn bluetooth on for the game? I know that in RVLoader when pressing 1 you can turn it on

1NK

How do I turn Bluetooth on for a game in RVLoader? I would need to press 1 with a Wii remote, but I can't pair one.

I'll try again to pair a wii remote and see if I can enable Bluetooth.

1NK

Update: great news, Bluetooth works. I just didn't know I had to press 1 to sync the Wii remote. I'm going to screw the shell together now.

Even if I got Bluetooth working, I would still like to know how to enable gc2wiiremote so I can use the g-boy face buttons for Wii games.

I was playing wii sports to see if I would need miis to play, when I saw a bunch of miis I didn't recognize. I think the miis on the console before it was trimmed are still here. I hope there is a way to delete them since even though Bluetooth is working, I can't boot to the Wii menu.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Update: great news, Bluetooth works. I just didn't know I had to press 1 to sync the Wii remote. I'm going to screw the shell together now.

Even if I got Bluetooth working, I would still like to know how to enable gc2wiiremote so I can use the g-boy face buttons for Wii games.

I was playing wii sports to see if I would need miis to play, when I saw a bunch of miis I didn't recognize. I think the miis on the console before it was trimmed are still here. I hope there is a way to delete them since even though Bluetooth is working, I can't boot to the Wii menu.
Q - How do I configure GC2Wiimote?
A - Press B (1 on a Wiimote) on the selected game before booting it to access the per-game configuration menu, enable GC2Wiimote and then select "Configure GC2Wiimote". Bluetooth must also be disabled for GC2Wiimote to work.

1NK

I'm hoping to post my g-boy on the show-off thread soon. I remember back when shank let viewers send him letters for those GameCube joy-con circuit board key-chains, I sent him a letter about my g-boy and he sent me a letter back saying that he would like to see it once I finished it, so it's nice to finally be able to do that.

AngelMarc

I hope the lack of VGA on homescreen gets sorted out. I'm just running a Wii on a PC monitor.