RVLoader v1.6

hello, I'm a new member of this forum and a new nintendo wii user.
I installed RVLoader and made a VGA mod, everything works great (thanks Aurelio)
I have a question, when I start Sonic Heroes (GC game id - G9SP8P), the monitor stops displaying an image (apparently this game initializes the video adapter in some other way):
1) How many games are not compatible with VGA?
2) can this be fixed? (even the option with patching games will suit)

Portables
hello, I'm a new member of this forum and a new nintendo wii user.
I installed RVLoader and made a VGA mod, everything works great (thanks Aurelio)
I have a question, when I start Sonic Heroes (GC game id - G9SP8P), the monitor stops displaying an image (apparently this game initializes the video adapter in some other way):
1) How many games are not compatible with VGA?
2) can this be fixed? (even the option with patching games will suit)

When launching a Gamecube game with the VGA mod make sure to press B and enable progressive scan this should fix about 99% video issues, there is the odd game that may output 480i that isn't always a compatible video mode depending on the display driver

When launching a Gamecube game with the VGA mod make sure to press B and enable progressive scan this should fix about 99% video issue
This is what I did first, but it doesn't help.
also the problem is not 480i, my monitor (Samsung syncmaster 940N) can display 480i, the game somehow forces the AVE to switch from RGB to YPbPr

Portables
This is what I did first, but it doesn't help.
also the problem is not 480i, my monitor (Samsung syncmaster 940N) can display 480i, the game somehow forces the AVE to switch from RGB to YPbPr
Is this a trimmed Wii by chance? If so is the mx chip relocated as well? I just tried sonic heroes in mine with VGA mod and progressive scan and it launches displaying just fine, I know the mx chip has cause ld issue for others.

Is this a trimmed Wii by chance?
no, I have RVL-001 in a standard case
thanks for checking, i will try to download another image

I just tried sonic heroes in mine with VGA mod and progressive scan and it launches displaying just fine
thanks again for testing, initially I ran the version with videos translated into my native language and it didn’t work, then I downloaded the PAL region game and it didn’t work either, then I downloaded the NTSC-U version, a virtual memory card was automatically created for it and she started
the problem is only with the game PAL region

Viilmo

Portables
RVLoader is not showing up in the Homebrew channel. Im using a Sandisk 128gb since they are now supported.
What could be causing this issue?

Edit: Fixed it the mac I used to unpack the files created a folder where all the stuff was in.
If you have a similar problem make sure that the folders are all on the root of the drive and NOT in a folder named like the zip file.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm about to start on making my first portable and I was wondering, do you install RV Loader at the beginning of the process (before the Wii is chopped) or at the end of the process (when everything else is finished)?

Portables
Hi, I'm about to start on making my first portable and I was wondering, do you install RV Loader at the beginning of the process (before the Wii is chopped) or at the end of the process (when everything else is finished)?
It’s recommended to install before trimming.

AC807

Hello, how do I get the missing WAD files (IOS36-64-v3608.wad, IOS58-64-v6176.wad, IOS80-64-v6944.wad) for RVloader installation? I did everything as in this video: But the installation of RVloader does not work for me. I have already installed NUS Downloader but I do not know exactly how to download the wad files with the program. I am also afraid to brick the Wii because I did not understand everything so well.

Currently having issues even booting up RVLoader after install. I'm getting a system error, as well as an error about loading themes. I put my USB drive into my PC and see the themes folder is empty. After looking up themes online, I only stumble upon 2 themes that were posted by someone else on this forum. Mario and anime themes. I download both of those and drag them to my USB drive. I then move it back to my Wii and boot up again, but this time it says it can't load the theme. Anything I missed or did incorrectly?
Thanks for reading through and hopefully someone can help! ❤

Portables
1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
While reading through the RVloader patch notes, I've noticed that there are cheat codes for Gamecube games but not for Wii games. Why is this? (I apologize if this seemed ruder than intended)

Portables
While reading through the RVloader patch notes, I've noticed that there are cheat codes for Gamecube games but not for Wii games. Why is this? (I apologize if this seemed ruder than intended)
Gamecube games are launched with nintendont software, which has support for cheats. The software for wii game launching called Hiidra being built by Aurelio currently doesn't have that functionality, it could be something for the future but wider game support I believe is higher priority

@Aurelio

Would it be possible to maybe eventually inject GC2Wiimote into WIi game DOL's controller routines with maybe a controller configurator on PC?

The Super Nintendo and Mega Drive games on the Virtual Console work fine on RVLoader, but all Nintendo 64 games are on a black screen when starting. Does anyone know what can it be?

After I installed BBloader two years ago, my Homebrew Channel looked like this. Any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

Portables
After I installed BBloader two years ago, my Homebrew Channel looked like this. Any ideas how to fix this?
It's anti piracy measure from Nintendo, it kind of is what it is, if you're using bbloader which is obselete or RVloader which is recommended there's no need to go to homebrew channel

It's anti piracy measure from Nintendo, it kind of is what it is, if you're using bbloader which is obselete or RVloader which is recommended there's no need to go to homebrew channel
Thanks for the reply. I actually don't use bbloader or RVloader that much, I prefer to use the homebrew channel. Do you think it's possible to fix this problem by reinstalling the homebrew channel?

AngelMarc

Did i really lock myself out of the stock home screen by not having priiloader installed? bruh
All I wanted was to play Metroid Prime Trilogy at 480p on a PC monitor.

I see now I needed the nunchuck, and to hold the C button while using analog stick AAAAND to hold the direction until it acknowledges what I want it to do.

Attachments

dkabot

Did i really lock myself out of the stock home screen by not having priiloader installed? bruh
All I wanted was to play Metroid Prime Trilogy at 480p on a PC monitor.
I see now I needed the nunchuck, and to hold the C button while using analog stick AAAAND to hold the direction until it acknowledges what I want it to do.
While I understand not intuitively knowing to hold a direction for the menu (it didn't occur to me until after I read either), it is worth knowing that Priiloader is installed as part of the RVLoader installation process.
This is how the software auto-loads on boot in the first place.

You should be able to hold Reset on power-on to get to the system menu or even disable to auto-boot to RVLoader.

AngelMarc

While I understand not intuitively knowing to hold a direction for the menu (it didn't occur to me until after I read either), it is worth knowing that Priiloader is installed as part of the RVLoader installation process.
This is how the software auto-loads on boot in the first place.

You should be able to hold Reset on power-on to get to the system menu or even disable to auto-boot to RVLoader.
Well, pressing A didn't boot to it.

Right now I'm struggling to get GC games to appear, and get the Wiimote to not disconnect when Prime Trilogy loads.

Of course, default setting was "bluetooth off" and 1 on Wii mote = B for whatever reason...

Well, I managed to get it sorted out. Also, I have an early revision board, AV chip is rotated 90 degrees; had H/V sync soldered to ground at first and didn't know why it wasn't outputing video. I just need to add an audio port; I cut those traces and used the pins for H/V sync.
1651696203654.png

1651696180212.png

[MOD EDIT] - Merged quad post

Last edited by a moderator: