Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

Gex

I was thinking the same thing but I didn't know if there were already hacks for all of these things. lol I guess I'll just look at a bunch of homebrew hacks and mods. some parts that require their own hardware though such as the mic, could I just use USB ports and hacks for most of these things?
Mics and whatnot can probably be salvaged from the gamepad

Typro

Mics and whatnot can probably be salvaged from the gamepad
Ah I see that makes sense. I feel like the hardest part would be making the gamepad be able to control the electric guitar though, I don't know how I'd go about doing that. I would also like the gamepad to be removable, what options do I have other than velcro? xD Oh and how would I make the GameCube amp if you know?

Gex

Ah I see that makes sense. I feel like the hardest part would be making the gamepad be able to control the electric guitar though, I don't know how I'd go about doing that. I would also like the gamepad to be removable, what options do I have other than velcro? xD Oh and how would I make the GameCube amp if you know?
I can't help much with the amp, I'm not all too experienced with this stuff, but as for making it removable, it really depends on the case. If you're custom making it with 3D printing or if you're just gutting a guitar really matters in this circumstance

I am new to console modding. This is my first attempt at it in fact. Question - have I scratched this trace properly? Ad in will this work? Also in the third picture I have my U10 which I managed to chip off a little bit (the black casing). Will it still work or do I need a new u10? Sorry for these noob mistakes and questions, any help is appreciated.
8EE57BE2-62E5-429B-AAEB-67FB47DEB547.jpeg
3C4F50BF-A36F-488F-B896-0D0771737040.jpeg
8EE57BE2-62E5-429B-AAEB-67FB47DEB547.jpeg
3C4F50BF-A36F-488F-B896-0D0771737040.jpeg
B42C1F2C-B7A5-4601-9623-B3414EE904E8.jpeg

I need help
I am trying to build a Wii portable and have already ordered my Wii
what is required in order to start, other than the Wii MoBo

I need help
I am trying to build a Wii portable and have already ordered my Wii
what is required in order to start, other than the Wii MoBo
While not being a shopping list, I'd start here if you're looking to get a general understanding of what you need to do. Then if you're looking to properly get started, look here for some incredibly useful components for portablizing; take a good look at the pages for the RVL-PMS (2 or Lite), PMS-PD, GC+ 2, U-AMP 2. Then I'd go and find other peoples worklogs here and just carefully observe what everyone else is doing.

Hope this helps! Happy Modding!

Hey I'm relatively new to console modding, though I've made some mods to a controller and have about 2.5 years of electronics engineering experience. Does anyone have any idea on how to make a wii portable from scratch? I have a stock, unmodded wii that I have yet to open up thats about 15 years old. If you have any idea on how to start making a wii portable, that would be great,thanks.

Hey I'm relatively new to console modding, though I've made some mods to a controller and have about 2.5 years of electronics engineering experience. Does anyone have any idea on how to make a wii portable from scratch? I have a stock, unmodded wii that I have yet to open up thats about 15 years old. If you have any idea on how to start making a wii portable, that would be great,thanks.
Depends what you want to make. Some popular designs are the G-boy (left) and the Ashida (right).
gboy.jpg
ashida.jpg

G-boys are pretty expensive nowadays though, because they've been discontinued.

You could also make something like this if you want something simple and cheap.
2x8gv7d0o8i71.jpg

Those links R. G. Marigold posted above are also very helpful to start with.
BTW try to make sure it's a 4-layer Wii, which will stay cooler and give you much better battery life. You can find out if it's a 4-layer with this.

Got some questions? Maybe got an idea or tutorial to talk about in the beginners forum? Post it here!

Also, suggestions for the introduction thread are welcome!

RULES:
  • Make sure to read through everything BEFORE posting.
  • Don't post just to say someone is stupid. If something is a bad idea, explain why!
I wanted to know which models of custom regulators the portable ps2 got better

Davilo

Hola buenas, tengo una pregunta; A ver si alguien me puede responder. Con la placa ps2 90004 se puede hacer algun corte? ¿Tiene alguna similitud con algún esquema que se muestra aquí?

Hola buenas, tengo una pregunta; A ver si alguien me puede responder. Con la placa ps2 90004 se puede hacer algun corte? ¿Tiene alguna similitud con algún esquema que se muestra aquí?
Amigo ,da para fazer o corte ,mas corta pouca coisa ,o consumo desse modelo vai ser maior que do modelo 79xx ,por não poder fazer um corte maior , quanto maior a placa e quantidade de componente , maior será o consumo da bateria

Hello, I’m new to modding and portables. I am currently working on a portable wii and I would like a 5.5’ or 6’ screen. What would you guys recommend?

Portables
Half
Hello, I’m new to modding and portables. I am currently working on a portable wii and I would like a 5.5’ or 6’ screen. What would you guys recommend?
Well obviously the bigger screen is nice, but it really depends on what type of case you’re using, or what size you want it to be.

cwuerl

Got some questions? Maybe got an idea or tutorial to talk about in the beginners forum? Post it here!

Also, suggestions for the introduction thread are welcome!

RULES:
  • Make sure to read through everything BEFORE posting.
  • Don't post just to say someone is stupid. If something is a bad idea, explain why!

what is the easiest portable with not too many extra things for beginners? i just started soldering and portables look really cool, and my school has a 3d printer and i have a lot of tools, and i feel like building one would be the best way to get experience. what do you guys recommend as the easiest for a beginner?

Hey all, I'm new here and I wanna build an Ashida. I have some experience fixing phones and consoles and have dabbled with soldering in the past ( Dualshock 4 analog stick replacement, iPhone x earpiece ribbon cable replacement, resoldering a cap or a Mosfet that fell off of my ender 3 board) and I was wondering if there was any discord server I could join for more straightforward help. I also wanted to ask if the RVL PMS lite was strictly required for the Ashida and if I could use some other cheaper voltage regulator that I could get on Aliexpress ( you heard me right, it's the only website that ships to me for a reasonable price). if anyone could dm me some answers i would greatly appreciate it and if there isn't a discord server, my disc tag is mintynuggets#2169 if anyone wants to be my mentor. Thanks!

Ok so I am new here and I am pretty new to the modding community but I have an idea I want to make for my dad's birthday because he loves the gamecube so here it is. I want to essentially make a switch that is actually a wii on the inside but I want to make actual working controllers you can take off and use as wii motes and have gamecube controllers you can switch to when playing gamecube games. My only problem is how do I trim a wiimote to have buttons in different areas but essentially keeping it all the same, and am I able to make a nunchuk controller connect to the base controller wirelessly so it works In both handheld and playing normal wii games. Any help is appreciated.

Ok so I am new here and I am pretty new to the modding community but I have an idea I want to make for my dad's birthday because he loves the gamecube so here it is. I want to essentially make a switch that is actually a wii on the inside but I want to make actual working controllers you can take off and use as wii motes and have gamecube controllers you can switch to when playing gamecube games. My only problem is how do I trim a wiimote to have buttons in different areas but essentially keeping it all the same, and am I able to make a nunchuk controller connect to the base controller wirelessly so it works In both handheld and playing normal wii games. Any help is appreciated.
something like shank's gamecube joy cons may be a start to flesh out your idea