Release GC2Wiimote - beta

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey Aurelio, you did a great job with this hack. Is it already possible to install it on the wii u? I would like to play mario galaxy on the wii u gamepad.
Thank you
No, it's not possibile and it probably never will be

Oh ok. But what about your new wii loader with the integrated gc2wiimote hack? Will it be possible to launch it in the vWii in the future?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Oh ok. But what about your new wii loader with the integrated gc2wiimote hack? Will it be possible to launch it in the vWii in the future?
Probably not, it would require quite a different approach to support the wii u gamepad

I can't get the USB Loader GX method to work. Trying to boot Mario Galaxy or NSMB Wii give a black screen. I have tried extracting my Wii nand and using it and also the pre-made nand that comes with portabalizemii.

Unfortunately I can't use modmii on PC to download the nand files because I have no internet on it.

Also I saw that it requires the USB

Noah

retired
Portables
I can't get the USB Loader GX method to work. Trying to boot Mario Galaxy or NSMB Wii give a black screen. I have tried extracting my Wii nand and using it and also the pre-made nand that comes with portabalizemii.

Unfortunately I can't use modmii on PC to download the nand files because I have no internet on it.

Also I saw that it requires the USB
I would use BBLoader, it comes with GC2Wiimote built in and it's much better at launching Wii games than USB Loader GX.

I may try bbloader but my Wii isn't a portable and never will be. That said, I don't like the part on the page where it says it will automatically start when the Wii is started.

I have priiloader set to boot the homebrew channel upon startup and hope this wouldn't cause any issues.

Hey, i'm trying to run Spider-Man Web of Shadows with gc2Wiimote and it won't recognize any button presses with my gc controller. I know it's picking up that a gamecube controller is there tho because it's not popping up the disconnected Wii remote screen, which comes up if you boot the game up with no wii remote connected.. It's the only game I have that does this, it's so strange.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I may try bbloader but my Wii isn't a portable and never will be. That said, I don't like the part on the page where it says it will automatically start when the Wii is started.

I have priiloader set to boot the homebrew channel upon startup and hope this wouldn't cause any issues.
BBLoader can be booted without installing it. Just press B when it asks you to install it (will ask everytime though).

Hey, i'm trying to run Spider-Man Web of Shadows with gc2Wiimote and it won't recognize any button presses with my gc controller. I know it's picking up that a gamecube controller is there tho because it's not popping up the disconnected Wii remote screen, which comes up if you boot the game up with no wii remote connected.. It's the only game I have that does this, it's so strange.
Yeah compatibility is not perfect yet. I may look into it, but GC2Wiimote will only be updated in BBLoader from now on

BBLoader can be booted without installing it. Just press B when it asks you to install it (will ask everytime though).

Yeah compatibility is not perfect yet. I may look into it, but GC2Wiimote will only be updated in BBLoader from now on
Yeah I figured that out after a bit. I also got the upside down hbc issue.

After that I reinstalled hbc and ppriiloader and its back to normal.

I have two questions.

1 Will .iso format be supported?
2. Will Gecko codes be supported?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Yeah I figured that out after a bit. I also got the upside down hbc issue.

After that I reinstalled hbc and ppriiloader and its back to normal.

I have two questions.

1 Will .iso format be supported?
2. Will Gecko codes be supported?
No, isos will not be supported. Wbfs doesn't include padding data and it's smaller.
Yes, gecko codes are planned

I was also wondering if bbloader could have a separate install option instead of at the startup.

Also speaking of the iso format I was referring to wii scrubber trimmed. Anyway thank you for the reply.

Last edited:
I installed the older version of the wiimote emulator from patreon to my console. I am trying to remove it so i can sync my real controllers back to the console. How can i remove it form my system? I cannot find a way anywhere to get it off

I installed the older version of the wiimote emulator from patreon to my console. I am trying to remove it so i can sync my real controllers back to the console. How can i remove it form my system? I cannot find a way anywhere to get it off
You need to open Priiloader by holding the reset button on your Wii. and then open home-brew through that. Once that's done you needs to hold down L&R Trigger as well as the Z button whilst opening BBloader. this should give you the option to uninstall from memory

PortableizeMii is deprecated, should I use RVLoader?

Edit: Just realized RVLoader has it built in, however I don't want to use RVLoader because it requires a USB stick, and I use an SD card. So new question: Can I use this with WiiFlow somehow?

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
PortableizeMii is deprecated, should I use RVLoader?

Edit: Just realized RVLoader has it built in, however I don't want to use RVLoader because it requires a USB stick, and I use an SD card. So new question: Can I use this with WiiFlow somehow?
No. @xerpi however is working on fakemote, which is similar to GC2Wiimote though currently it only supports DS3 and DS4 as input, not a GC controller: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.p...-from-the-input-of-usb-game-controllers.4606/

No. @xerpi however is working on fakemote, which is similar to GC2Wiimote though currently it only supports DS3 and DS4 as input, not a GC controller: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.p...-from-the-input-of-usb-game-controllers.4606/
Rvloader and Fakemote will be able to make the best of the Nintendo wii and without a doubt a dream come true to be able to make the wii remote an optional tool. Many thanks to my friends @Aurelio and @xerpi for their time and dedication to make our dreams come true.

AngelMarc

I have a game specific add on request for Metroid Prime Trilogy. I'd like to use the WiiMote for cursor control, without the Wiimote affecting camera movement, then have the C stick control camera aiming. Having the WiiMote not move the camera should be as simple as an Action Replay style cheat code; currently talking to Prime Hack devs about that part. The C stick handling camera control would require a decent bit of scratch built effort though; and would probably be easiest to implement through GC2Wiimote. Build all the acceleration logic, have it place the arbitrary values in the appropriate memory address as if it were a cheat code... should be that "simple".