Worklog The CheWii

I got rvloader on my usb, plugged it in, loaded it, chose VGA enabled and patched out wifi and let it do its stuff. I may have powered the Wii down when it was exiting to rvloader and now it doesn’t work. From my research, it should work but doesn’t, but any input is much appreciated.

Last edited:
I got rvloader on my usb, plugged it in, loaded it, chose VGA enabled and patched out wifi and let it do its stuff. I may have powered the Wii down when it was exiting to rvloader and now it doesn’t work. From my research, it should work but doesn’t, but any input is much appreciated.
And if I did accidentally brick it, how do I use my bootmii/nand backup?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
And if I did accidentally brick it, how do I use my bootmii/nand backup?
You can't, unless it's one of the original revision Wiis with the boot2 vulnerability. All 4 layer Wiis are boot2 patched, so if they brick, they're bricked for good unfortunately. You have to be able to get the system to load bootmii to be able to reflash from a NAND backup if it's boot2 patched.

Before giving up on it, you should check if you can get into Priiloader. Since you installed the VGA patch, component cables will not work, but composite AV cables will. If you have a composite cable for the Wii, you can connect it to your TV with that and then hold the Reset button on the front of the Wii while you press the power button to turn it on. Keep the reset button held down until you see a black screen with rows of white text, or 10 seconds pass. If it boots into Priiloader, the system is still salvegable. If nothing happens, you might be out of luck.

You can't, unless it's one of the original revision Wiis with the boot2 vulnerability. All 4 layer Wiis are boot2 patched, so if they brick, they're bricked for good unfortunately. You have to be able to get the system to load bootmii to be able to reflash from a NAND backup if it's boot2 patched.

Before giving up on it, you should check if you can get into Priiloader. Since you installed the VGA patch, component cables will not work, but composite AV cables will. If you have a composite cable for the Wii, you can connect it to your TV with that and then hold the Reset button on the front of the Wii while you press the power button to turn it on. Keep the reset button held down until you see a black screen with rows of white text, or 10 seconds pass. If it boots into Priiloader, the system is still salvegable. If nothing happens, you might be out of luck.
Thanks for the suggestion! I was able boot priiloader right before you suggested it and will make sure to remember about the composite and component cables.

I am currently working on testing a game through rvloader before I move on and trim the board.