GBoy rev3

maxy

I am not releasing the files for this. We will however be offering Wiiboy DIY kit for sale eventually. Checkout the GWii or Louii cases, they are open source.
So excited for the kit! By far my favorite portable I've seen. For sure getting one as soon as they're ready.

maxy

Gman brought a few Wiiboy kits for people to assemble at MGC, so here's mine:

View attachment 9672 View attachment 9673
Case was printed on this super fancy 3D printer my campus has. Looks pretty sick but unfortunately it's pretty brittle, screwposts didn't hold up too well.

The kits are going to be pretty neat, this was a super fun build. A big thanks to Gman for letting me do this!
Looks amazing! Love the clear. How long/difficult was build process using the kit?

Portables
Gman brought a few Wiiboy kits for people to assemble at MGC, so here's mine:

View attachment 9672 View attachment 9673
Case was printed on this super fancy 3D printer my campus has. Looks pretty sick but unfortunately it's pretty brittle, screwposts didn't hold up too well.

The kits are going to be pretty neat, this was a super fun build. A big thanks to Gman for letting me do this!
What’s MGC

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I meant Shankapalooza instead of MGC, whoops. Shankapalooza was a smaller Meetup in Texas, MGC is the Midwest Gaming Classic which is this April. A bunch of BitBuilt members get together at the convention and show of our projects and generally have a good time.

Noah

retired
Portables
It's crazy to me that in this day and age we are basically printing gameboys with much more capability. Imagine what the larger companies can do when they really catch on to rapid prototyping with 3d printers.

1stage

Portables
G-Boy
Just ordered mine!

My son and I are going to build it together. We were originally working on a GC portable five to six years ago, but got stalled in the power consumption area. Now my skills are much better than they were, and I can teach him as we go along...

Trying to source the other parts. Got the DS lite buttons and pads. Put a bid on a RED Wii on eBay. Already have dozens of paired 18650s that will work.

- Sean

caorsi

Resin cast is slick af. I'd deff would love that added in for an extra cost.

Where can I buy a kit today, I can't find any links that still work, the one on Shank's video doesn't work anymore.