Worklog Wii portable "Ashida Wavebird" worklog

Hey @Wesk,

Been doing reading and research, and I’m just wondering if the packaging of the Ashida is reliant on the DD module? From what I can gather they’re something like hens teeth at the moment.

Triptych

Portables
1 (Aran)
Hey @Wesk,

Been doing reading and research, and I’m just wondering if the packaging of the Ashida is reliant on the DD module? From what I can gather they’re something like hens teeth at the moment.

Triptych
Sorry for the delays, it shouldn't take too much longer. We spent way too much time trying to source/make the perfect power switch (Something that feels similar to a GBA switch), couple that with the chip shortage and not being able to provide parts like the DD, a few changes needed to be made to support alternatives but it shouldn't be much longer.

480p HDMI out would be pretty simple to add yourself when the files are released.

Thanks for quoting that bit. I don’t actually know how a missed that part of that post considering I’ve read this thread three times now looking for various bits of info.

This is coming along great! Not sure if you plan on adding rumble or not but the handles have enough room to fit a small coin motor in each, it makes it feel more like joy-cons than the centered rumble in a regular gc controller

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
This is coming along great! Not sure if you plan on adding rumble or not but the handles have enough room to fit a small coin motor in each, it makes it feel more like joy-cons than the centered rumble in a regular gc controller
There's plenty of room in general for rumble (Which it has). Vibration motors from mobile phones are a great choice as they are extremely small and power efficient but give a pretty decent sensation of rumble.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
There's plenty of room in general for rumble (Which it has). Vibration motors from mobile phones are a great choice as they are extremely small and power efficient but give a pretty decent sensation of rumble.
Wiimote motors too, they smol bois