RVLoader v1.6

It is an excellent contribution but the truth is that I do not see a difference between the bbloader 1.3 and the rvloader 1.1 I was hoping that at least the output of the wii games to the loader is corrected or the compatibility with wiware games and vc probe several vc games and I have the same result as the bbloader 1.3 I will stay with the bbloader 1.3

Hello I wanted to ask it it's possible to use an SD card with this. I didn't see anything about it mentioned in the main post or in any of the comments so I'm asking now.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
It is an excellent contribution but the truth is that I do not see a difference between the bbloader 1.3 and the rvloader 1.1 I was hoping that at least the output of the wii games to the loader is corrected or the compatibility with wiware games and vc probe several vc games and I have the same result as the bbloader 1.3 I will stay with the bbloader 1.3
What do you mean with "at least the output of the wii games to the loader is corrected"? Also the improvements with respect to BBLoader are clearly stated in the OP.

Just out of curiosity will we eventually get to a point where games like Wario Land Shake It, and Metroid: The Other M are playable on portables?

@Aurelio Using GC+ 1.0, the IR pointer seems to not work for me in RVLoader 1.1 but did work in BBloader 1.3. I am able to configure all the buttons but no IR pointer displays in-game.

edit: Changing the wii remote sensitivity in the wii settings menu fixed the issue. Unfortunately, Metroid Prime 3 is still not playable because the pointer will not move to the bottom third of the screen.

2nd edit: The IR pointer needs to be set to shift, which allows the scrolling of the IR pointer for Samus to interact in the game. It's still not perfect because the cursor cannot reach the very bottom of the screen but it's at least playable in RVLoader whereas the IR pointer in BBloader was broken in either shift or direct modes. Fingers crossed that further into the game the bottom of the screen is not required to progress.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Just out of curiosity will we eventually get to a point where games like Wario Land Shake It, and Metroid: The Other M are playable on portables?
Possibly.

@Aurelio Using GC+ 1.0, the IR pointer seems to not work for me in RVLoader 1.1 but did work in BBloader 1.3. I am able to configure all the buttons but no IR pointer displays in-game.

edit: Changing the wii remote sensitivity in the wii settings menu fixed the issue. Unfortunately, Metroid Prime 3 is still not playable because the pointer will not move to the bottom third of the screen.

2nd edit: The IR pointer needs to be set to shift, which allows the scrolling of the IR pointer for Samus to interact in the game. It's still not perfect because the cursor cannot reach the very bottom of the screen but it's at least playable in RVLoader whereas the IR pointer in BBloader was broken in either shift or direct modes. Fingers crossed that further into the game the bottom of the screen is not required to progress.
Yeah, the pointer can definitely be improved lol

That's too bad Since the Portable I'm making has a fully functional SD card.
Why? There's really no point in using the SD card slot in a Wii portable

Okay, I'm sorry I was only asking because I have SD cards up to 512 gigabytes but I don't have any USB sticks larger than 16GB to use in my build.
Friend, you don't have to apologize, the truth seems that @Aurelio doesn't like anyone giving his opinion about programs and updates that are not positive, not all of us have to have the same opinion as him, each of us have different opinions and I think They have to respect each other, nobody speaks badly when giving an opinion, the truth is, I prefer not to give an opinion at all because I realize that if you don't think the same as he is, you're wrong, so it's better not to give an opinion on the truth.

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Friend, you don't have to apologize, the truth seems that @Aurelio doesn't like anyone giving his opinion about programs and updates that are not positive, not all of us have to have the same opinion as him, each of us have different opinions and I think They have to respect each other, nobody speaks badly when giving an opinion, the truth is, I prefer not to give an opinion at all because I realize that if you don't think the same as he is, you're wrong, so it's better not to give an opinion on the truth.
The benefit of USB over SD is you only need two data lines and 5V/GND instead of the 9 required for SD. USB is also easier to wire than SD.
That's the reason why USB is so heavily preferred in portables.

The benefit of USB over SD is you only need two data lines and 5V/GND instead of the 9 required for SD. USB is also easier to wire than SD.
That's the reason why USB is so heavily preferred in portables.
I see well I would probably definitely use USB instead of SD If I were doing a proper trimmed design. I didn't do a proper trim though since I don't have a suitable USB and most importantly I didn't feel comfortable taking a dremel to this Wii's board. I get it that most people will go that route though and I respect it, it definately takes a lot of skill to cut up a Wii motherboard and make it work afterwards.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Wtf? The "truth" is that RVLoader is a free software that I am developing for the pure purpose of pushing the Wii portablizing community. I am not getting paid for this, it's not a job, so I will have to use my time in the most efficient way.
Comments like this are just negative and don't bring anything to the community. Instead of criticizing me or my work, why don't you contribute to it, since it's open source?

I see well I would probably definitely use USB instead of SD If I were doing a proper trimmed design. I didn't do a proper trim though since I don't have a suitable USB and most importantly I didn't feel comfortable taking a dremel to this Wii's board. I get it that most people will go that route though and I respect it, it definately takes a lot of skill to cut up a Wii motherboard and make it work afterwards.
Look, the reason why I don't support the SD card slot is purely technical. The Wii SD slot is slow and would increase game loading time. Your best option is to use an SD to USB adapter, it will work better.

Look, the reason why I don't support the SD card slot is purely technical. The Wii SD slot is slow and would increase game loading time. Your best option is to use an SD to USB adapter, it will work better.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude or make you upset, I'll just go buy a USB from Amazon, thanks for answering my stupid questions.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude or make you upset, I'll just go buy a USB from Amazon, thanks for answering my stupid questions.
You weren't rude and your questions weren't stupid. I would really recommend you to buy an sd to usb adapter, it's going to be cheaper.

You weren't rude and your questions weren't stupid. I would really recommend you to buy an sd to usb adapter, it's going to be cheaper.
I have an SD adapter, I Just worry that it won't fit in the case I'm going to make or that it'll have issues. I also already placed the order for a tiny 230 gigabyte SanDisk Flash drive, $28.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have an SD adapter, I Just worry that it won't fit in the case I'm going to make or that it'll have issues. I also already placed the order for a tiny 230 gigabyte SanDisk Flash drive, $28.
SanDisk drives don't work really well with RVLoader sadly

I screw up installing a Cios for Priiloader and is stuck in "RVLoader bootloader 00" need help!!!!