Worklog BardRights's First Portable Build (Tomii)

Portables
Hello! My name is BardRights AKA CakeB0ss AKA Thomas and I'm starting my first portable build in the next few days. After years of passing research and a couple of half-assed attempts, I'm finally ready to begin working on portablizing a Wii. I hope this will be a really fun project to learn a lot from and enjoy building, pick up the hobby of electronics work, and have a nice, polished portable to play on. Named after my Mii from my childhood Wii, and just generally fitting portable naming conventions, the current working name for it is the Tomii.
I just received a PMS-2, PD-2, and UAMP from 4layer, and I'm expecting the screen, cooling kit, and GB+ v2 by the week's end (and I already have 4 18650's, I'll have to decide how many I'll be using). I have a couple scrapped 3DS's that I plan to use parts from, such as the volume slider, maybe a couple button+caps, the slider-sticks, and the speakers if I can, as well as an original Gamecube controller to gut for maybe the triggers, face buttons, and c-stick.
After I get most of the innards planned or wired up, and have a better idea of what the case will look like specification-wise, I'll be modeling it in Fusion 360 and printing it with a friend's help.
I'm very new to electronics work in general and will be picking up the soldering iron and necessary wiring/other stuff in the next few days so I can get the ball rolling, which means I have to start doing the proper digging, researching, and planning at this point :'(
I'm super looking forward to this, if you have any tips, pointers, comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me on the forums or Discord!

here's some screenshot of my first VERY ROUGH draft of the case, just to familiarize myself with F360. Dw, it's gonna be rebuilt from the ground up when I'm ready for it
Shell1.png
Shell2.png

Benge

Portables
4 : O-Wii (V1,V2,V2.1)/ BS2
Nice idea for your case !
Can't wait to see what is going to be next :D