RVLoader v1.6

I may have uploaded the wrong file lol :facepalm:
Unzip this file and put it in /rvloader/Hiidra/modules. I will include it in next release along with other fixes
I tested here 15 minutes with the new mario bross and did not catch a lot of thanks my dear<3, would it be possible for an IGR command to return to the rvloader menu or Home Brew Channel without turning off the wii?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I tested here 15 minutes with the new mario bross and did not catch a lot of thanks my dear<3, would it be possible for an IGR command to return to the rvloader menu or Home Brew Channel without turning off the wii?
Yeah, that's planned. It might take a bit of time though. There's a long todo list

Yeah, that's planned. It might take a bit of time though. There's a long todo list
I have been following the wii scenario since 2013 and I have never felt so much emotion since I used the bbloader and now the rvloader for the first time.

It is something fantastic, a dream coming true, where I publicize the project I see great euphoria and joy, so on behalf of everyone who will have the pleasure of returning to use this console that is very dear to all, thank you very much from the heart. <3

Just installed over BBLoader, works great! Love the additional menus and features. Tried GC and Wii games to success. Need to try emulators and other stuff later.

Looking forward to themes!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have just released version 1.1: https://github.com/Aurelio92/RVLoader/releases/tag/v1.1
Changelog:
-Replaced GC2Wiimote module to actually fix the disconnection bug
-Fixed clock timezone difference
-Fixed GC2Wiimote settings for Nunchuk and Classic Controller
-Fixed gamesview and hbview attempting to boot/configure titles when none are there
-Added a way to force VGA in safe menu (hold R+L+Z+B on boot)

eeze

No, you can use it without installing it
Are the "../rvloader/Hiidra/IOSXX/.." contents generated while using the installer? I get "Error while reading file /rvloader/Hiidra/IOS58/EHCI.app" immediately after "Injecting custom ES and FS module". I assume this error is a result of me skipping the installer.dol which doesn't allow for the creation of the EHCI.app? I know WiiU compatibility isn't on your list of planned features, but because of this error, I am unsuccessful in booting any Wii/VC titles.

I know IOS modules between Wii and WiiU differ so I assume any generated IOS58/EHCI.app may not be functional.

Outside of that, the settings menu has two areas of improvement.
1. The about page version number doesn't update alongside the splash screen version number in the V1.1 release.
2. Controller Tester seems to only function with a gamecube controller. If one isn't connected, the page no longer responds and requires a hard reset.

Congrats on the release! I was starting to wonder if development had hit a roadblock on BBLoader, but clearly you were busy with a complete rewrite. This new update is expansive! Thank you for your incredible contributions to the community!

@Aurelio

More tests performed with reloader 1.1

Donkey Kong Country Returns = Perfect

Ultra Coliseum DX: Ultra Senshi Daishuketsu = Perfect

Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze = Black screen at initial boot

Kamen Rider: Super Climax Heroes = Black Screen at initial boot

Super Sentai Battle Ranger Cross = Stop at the initial boot when checking the wii remote

Pandora's Tower = Stops at boot with wii remote message disconnected.

Attachments

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Are the "../rvloader/Hiidra/IOSXX/.." contents generated while using the installer? I get "Error while reading file /rvloader/Hiidra/IOS58/EHCI.app" immediately after "Injecting custom ES and FS module". I assume this error is a result of me skipping the installer.dol which doesn't allow for the creation of the EHCI.app? I know WiiU compatibility isn't on your list of planned features, but because of this error, I am unsuccessful in booting any Wii/VC titles.

I know IOS modules between Wii and WiiU differ so I assume any generated IOS58/EHCI.app may not be functional.

Outside of that, the settings menu has two areas of improvement.
1. The about page version number doesn't update alongside the splash screen version number in the V1.1 release.
2. Controller Tester seems to only function with a gamecube controller. If one isn't connected, the page no longer responds and requires a hard reset.

Congrats on the release! I was starting to wonder if development had hit a roadblock on BBLoader, but clearly you were busy with a complete rewrite. This new update is expansive! Thank you for your incredible contributions to the community!
The files in /rvloader/Hiidra/IOS58 are generated by Hiidra on first boot, grabbing them from the system NAND. If some are missing it means that you don't have the right IOS installed, which is definitely the case on a Wii U.

@Aurelio

More tests performed with reloader 1.1

Donkey Kong Country Returns = Perfect

Ultra Coliseum DX: Ultra Senshi Daishuketsu = Perfect

Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze = Black screen at initial boot

Kamen Rider: Super Climax Heroes = Black Screen at initial boot

Super Sentai Battle Ranger Cross = Stop at the initial boot when checking the wii remote

Pandora's Tower = Stops at boot with wii remote message disconnected.
Are these all tested with GC2Wiimote enabled?

The files in /rvloader/Hiidra/IOS58 are generated by Hiidra on first boot, grabbing them from the system NAND. If some are missing it means that you don't have the right IOS installed, which is definitely the case on a Wii U.

Are these all tested with GC2Wiimote enabled?
Both with the GC2WIIMOTE active, when it is disabled and bluetooth active.

I tried to install Rvloader and now whenever i start the portable, i get a theme error,any advice

I really should have read the faq first... swapped the drive and fixed most of my problems. Had to order one though cause everywhere only sells sandisk now
Works great though!

I really should have read the faq first... swapped the drive and fixed most of my problems. Had to order one though cause everywhere only sells sandisk now
Works great though!
I tested the rvloader 1.1 on a usb 2.0 sandisk 32gb and it worked very well, in the rvloader 1.0 it stopped the game on loading.

I’m unsure where my error is but with Rvloader 1.0, I get stuck at the “Waiting for D1” message, I wait a few minutes and it doesn’t load, it worked fine back in BBloader, any advice? Also gamecube games work fine it’s just Wii games.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I’m unsure where my error is but with Rvloader 1.0, I get stuck at the “Waiting for D1” message, I wait a few minutes and it doesn’t load, it worked fine back in BBloader, any advice? Also gamecube games work fine it’s just Wii games.
What drive are you using?