BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

ops400

Hey I can't create any threads because it says this: You have insufficient privileges to post threads here.

Edit: Thanks for who solved my problem.:D

Last edited:
Total newbie as far as modding goes, I hope to learn from this community and make the portable Wiiboy Advance of my dreams.

Hi! Came here from Linus Tech Tips' video on making a portable Wii. That and the GameCube were my childhood.

Since I'm studying computer engineering, I thought it would be a fruitful waste of my time and money to build a portable Wii and learn skills like using a multimeter and soldering iron.

The Wii I got happened to be the 4 layer 65nm one. Nice! Waiting for the AV cable and Wiimote to come so I can load LetterBomb and BBLoader before I begin my trim. Also was looking to de-lid the CPU and GPU and get a die shot of the silicon and replace any aging thermal paste under the IHS.

Does anyone have any build guides/kits I can follow similar to the G-Boy? That's out of stock for now.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Also was looking to de-lid the CPU and GPU and get a die shot of the silicon and replace any aging thermal paste under the IHS.
Die shots? Here you are :P
I would strongly suggest against delidding the chips. Unlike with desktop processors and graphics chips, you will, at best, gain nothing.

The steps outlined in the G-Boy manual and the Console Modding 101 sections should get you a good enough start. You might also get some useful info from models provided in the Model Repository or The Cutting Edge where people post finished projects.

Attachments

If you're new to the forum or the scene, come say hi here!
Heya! My name is Cuckelnut or Noah wichever you prefer lol. Im very new to the modding scene but im very intrested! my experience of electronics i replacing bateries and screens of smart phones and thats about it. But nice to meet you all!

Ethan

if you can do that (pretty hard these days), with enough determination, i'm sure you'll succeed, learn lots, and make something awesome.

Ethan

hey I am trying to get into modding but don't know where to start
if you are wanting to start soldering i recommend the cheap amazon clock assembly kits, that is where I started
something like this

I would strongly suggest against delidding the chips. Unlike with desktop processors and graphics chips, you will, at best, gain nothing.
I was thinking of taking a look at the silicon with a microscope and possibly reverse engineering the chip. I have my work cut out for that though.

Portables
Hello! My name will almost always be Mark the Pig although I occasionally use cheesegratter (spelled incorrectly intentionally) as an alternative.

makho

hello, I'm makho. I make stupid videos on youtube where I mod game boys and other related nonsense. I like PCB design and reverse engineering and I recently bought an undocumented console that I wanted to share my teardown and analysis of so I made a bitbuilt account to do so.

Pokeko

Hello from France !

I'm here to try to make a portable Wii and PS2.

Thanks a lot for your content, everything is very amazing and so precise