Blue screen no signal ( solved ) not enough power

Dc3d

I am having an issue which suddenly just happened.

I was playing a game cube game , I turned the portable Wii off for a bit, when I switched it back up I get no signal . If I remove the usb I still get no signal and blue screen.

I have bbloader v1.3
Usb : Kingston 128gb

I guess the board has been trimmed as it's a portable ( I did not build this , it was purchased )

I'm not sure about the screen.

Another issue I seem to get is not being able to get Wii controls working correctly. Does anyone have a controller mapping guide ( for what buttons should be mapped to what )

Also my wads to not seem to be working ( do I need to install these if I get it all working again )

Thank you for your time .

Dc3d

Unfortunately, it was purchased from China do I've been having to look myself. Do you have any ideas on what it could be ?

Dc3d

Ah, well you get what you pay for. Could you post some pictures of the internals?
When I have tried charging it first , incase its a power issue, otherwise I will try to open it and check. It's just not getting a signal . No idea what's going on.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Good luck with portables bought from China - they generally are renowned for not being the best quality and built with cheaper parts that are not from reputable manufacturers. As Jeff said, I'd try and contact the seller to explain the issue you are having and see if they will repair it before opening it up (which could void the warranty as well, too. Probably check with the buyer on that, too). The power circuitry should have nothing to do with the screen itself. Charging it couldn't hurt though as the Wii might not be getting enough current from the battery pack to turn on. Hope you can get it fixed!

Dc3d

Good luck with portables bought from China - they generally are renowned for not being the best quality and built with cheaper parts that are not from reputable manufacturers. As Jeff said, I'd try and contact the seller to explain the issue you are having and see if they will repair it before opening it up (which could void the warranty as well, too. Probably check with the buyer on that, too). The power circuitry should have nothing to do with the screen itself. Charging it couldn't hurt though as the Wii might not be getting enough current from the battery pack to turn on. Hope you can get it fixed!
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it .

I just plugged it in and started charging and thought I'd give it a go whilst plugged in, low and behold, it works . So maybe it just ran out if power.

But my next issue is , how to get wads working? I've added some info the folder , but when I click on them they just load to a black screen :(

Also when I try a. Wii game , the controls don't seem to work correctly. Do any of you have a guide on how best to map the buttons ? Or which settings to use etc ? Thanks again for everyone's time and help !

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Not to be rude but we aren't customer support for Chinese (or any nationality) sellers that don't want to look after their patrons.

There's plenty of information on these forums and online about Wii modding and how to get Wii games running. You should spend your time reading what is already available and come back when you are truly stuck.

Dc3d

Not to be rude but we aren't customer support for Chinese (or any nationality) sellers that don't want to look after their patrons.

There's plenty of information on these forums and online about Wii modding and how to get Wii games running. You should spend your time reading what is already available and come back when you are truly stuck.
Ok no worries, I have been looking through the forums but haven't seen any settings guide for mapping the Wii controls , and have only seen a few things about the wad files, but I will loook again

Thanks for the help and advice anyhow, I appreciate it .

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Can you post some photos of the outside of the case, and possibly where you ordered it from? If someone's making sketch portables, it might help other people later if we have more info on them.

Dc3d

Can you post some photos of the outside of the case, and possibly where you ordered it from? If someone's making sketch portables, it might help other people later if we have more info on them.
I have posted some info on in the Wii games and GameCube section. You will be able to find what your after there

I would love to see the internals of this device... A little scared too but would love to see it all the same.