Model G-Wii CAD files

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Any thoughts about trying to use the onboard screen driver board to output to a monitor to swap from handheld mode? That's a added modification I would not be opposed to having in my build. I know the 220 inductor has to be removed to use the board with 5 volts power. Do you think that would prevent VGA output despite it being built into the board natively? Thanks for the Help!
It is vga input on the screen, not output.

From the look of it, this wouldn’t fit in an Original Prusa Mini. Is that the case, or is there some way that I could make it work? I haven’t actually bought a 3D printer yet, but that is the one I’m thinking about going with. If it won’t fit, is there a different printer you would recommend using?

Tron

I originally ordered a Prusa but the shipping date kept getting pushed back and Prusa wouldn’t give me any firm estimate. So I cancelled my order and bought a Qidi X-Plus that has a print volume of 270mm x 200mm x 200mm. I really like it so far (~one month). The print quality is very good. But I’ve never used a Prusa so I can’t offer a comparison. The tech support is excellent. All my questions were answered (and resolved) within a day or so.

MP3

Portables
From the look of it, this wouldn’t fit in an Original Prusa Mini. Is that the case, or is there some way that I could make it work? I haven’t actually bought a 3D printer yet, but that is the one I’m thinking about going with. If it won’t fit, is there a different printer you would recommend using?
I personally don't have any experience with the Prusa Mini, but I can tell you that the build volume is slightly too small to print a G-Wii case. If I were you I would go for an Ender 3 or an Ender 3 Pro. I have the pro and I can't recommend it enough. The print quality is amazing especially considering the price. The build volume is 220x220x250 so it can definitely fit a G-Wii. I haven't printed one out yet but I will in the coming month's when I finally build one.

Noah

retired
Portables

waldie

What about the tact switches? Where can I buy these?
Here is 50 from amazon.

And if you want more here's 200 from
Kestparts.

For any other parts related questions (ik you didn't ask, this is just in case) here's a parts list I compiled of everything you're gonna need for a
Rev 2.

Also I was assuming you were talking about the orange squishy tacts, which is what people usually have a hard time finding. Other tacts you're gonna need are listed in the parts list as well.

Portables
Here is 50 from amazon.

And if you want more here's 200 from
Kestparts.

For any other parts related questions (ik you didn't ask, this is just in case) here's a parts list I compiled of everything you're gonna need for a
Rev 2.

Also I was assuming you were talking about the orange squishy tacts, which is what people usually have a hard time finding. Other tacts you're gonna need are listed in the parts list as well.
If I may ask. You put I can buy the cooling kit stuff separately, if I may ask, where can I buy the fan? I’m having a lot of trouble since the bitbuilt store doesn’t have any in stock atm?.

waldie

If I may ask. You put I can buy the cooling kit stuff separately, if I may ask, where can I buy the fan? I’m having a lot of trouble since the bitbuilt store doesn’t have any in stock atm?.
You're going to want to use the tacts provided in the parts list. The dual tacts are for more compact builds. The G-Wii was designed to have a soft tact and a hard tact on the shoulder buttons.

As for the fan. Idk. Someone linked it to me at some point but I didn't save it. You can post in the discord and ask, I'm sure you'll get a quick response. Regardless you don't want to buy the parts for the cooling kit separate anyways. With shipping it ends up being 3X the price depending on where you are. Just wait, you can do plenty in a G-Wii before you need to install the cooling.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
quick question, where can i find this motherboard?
Inside of your home Wii console. The name simply refers to the standard trim outline you need to perform on the 4-layer circuit board, which is the easiest and most standard trim that was established when the Wii hadn't been studied as extensively as it has now.

Thanks for the help both of ya,

also I made a parts list, I don't know if its missing anything.. here is the list Google Slides
thanks in advance

Also where could I get The led light and board?

Last edited: