BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Hello!

I'm new to the scene, but I'm in the process of building my first portable, an N64p.
I'm the new guy who posts a million questions to the forum. :D

EDIT:

I thought I would add this in here, but I'm planning on being a really active member of this community and I can offer my skills if they are needed at all. I do cyber security work, so I can check to see if the site is vulnerable to any malicious behavior if you want. I can program in a C++, C#, python, with basics in web stuff. So if you guys need any help or want someone to do some beta testing for you, hit me up. I'd love to contribute.

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I do cyber security work, so I can check to see if the site is vulnerable to any malicious behavior if you want.
I'd assume there's some basic attacks that could be performed in person since there's no ssl, but besides that, I'd assume the sites fairly secure if you use 2fa.
Ssh requires a decently long password or a certificate, and the admin panel requires you to log in again every time you go to it

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I'd assume there's some basic attacks that could be performed in person since there's no ssl, but besides that, I'd assume the sites fairly secure if you use 2fa.
Ssh requires a decently long password or a certificate, and the admin panel requires you to log in again every time you go to it
Yeah that's pretty good, but there can be other things then just trying to break into the admin panel or break into another person's account. There could be Cross-Site Scripting attacks (XSS) CSRF attacks, SQL Injection, etc. Because there is no ssl, You could do a Man-In-The-Middle attacks, but that's only if someone was on your local network.

Since BitBuilt is using WordPress, you may have a vulnerable version or plugin. There are a whole bunch of things. If you want me to do some checking, I'd be more than happy too! I could write a report and PM it to you or however you want to receive it.

No pizza and no cookies is probably a good thing. We don't need grease or crumbs in our projects. :XD:

Portables
Hey peeps. Naimlessone from over at MR. Been busy the last several months adulting. Almost finished with a new work space for portablizing...

I guess this means I need to finally finish a GC portable in order to graduate to the wii...

Glad to see the community is still around and kicking and all the legends are still around and doing the dang thing!

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
The only legend we're missing is Ashen. I KNOW YOU LURK, ASHEN. COME BACK TO USSSSSSSSSS

What's going on guys,

Since I just noticed I never made an introduction I'm Matando. Although I'm new to hardware modding, I am fluent in most things Linux and software.

Also since I live and have grown up in New Jersey where there are at least two Mom and Pop Pizza places in each town I will tell you that DiGiorno is absolute trash and Domino's is just as bad.

Anyways with my Wii ordered from ebay and it's tracking saying "Out for delivery" I expect to be making some decent contributions soon.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
What's going on guys,
Also since I live and have grown up in New Jersey where there are at least two Mom and Pop Pizza places in each town I will tell you that DiGiorno is absolute trash and Domino's is just as bad.
Don't even try to talk about pizza on my watch!

Don't even try to talk about pizza on my watch!
My friend you are the expert. If it weren't for the families in my area and their ancestors from yours I wouldn't have the delicious love for piizza that I do.