* Fresh uneek + di generated by ModMII
* Ios + cios automatically generated by ModMII
* USB loader GX channel with ahbprot
* Generic 8GB SDHC formatted in FAT32 in 32k
* Generic SATA USB case with 320GB disk formatted in FAT32 in 32k
* The file that is in the first POST

The steps to follow are the same published by @Aurelio
with some changes

Unzip the archive and copy all the content of WMEmuHack to the root of your USB drive. Very important: merge the folders, don't replace them.
  • 1) Power on your Wii and run the homebrew "BTWiimoteInject" and when it's done turn off your Wii (there's no soft-exit).
  • 2) Run "WiimoteEmuConfig" in homebrew channel and map the controls for your games (it will list all the games in the wbfs folder).
  • 3.a) Power on the Wii again and from USB loader GX go in Features settings and select the option "Export SYSCONF to EMUNAND"
    (You need to have previously configured the path of the emunand in "Custom paths", ModMii nand path is USB:/nands/PL_US);
    Go to the USB loader GX channel (without leaving the usb loader GX) open configuration> Game load> change emunand option to "neek" > save
  • 3.b)Video step by step
NOTES
To play without GC2 Wiimote:
Run usb loader GX> start your game of preference

To play with GC2 Wiimote:
Run usbloaderGX, while in usbloadergx run usbloader GX (this will activate the emunand) run your game of choice

If someone is interested could put some screenshots, my English is not the best I apologize for the errors

Last edited:
Thanks I'll try this tomorrow I was trying to do this so I can play my wii at my desk hopefully it works

Thanks I'll try this tomorrow I was trying to do this so I can play my wii at my desk hopefully it works
I made many attempts with postloader without success (I think it is not compatible with my HDD)
At this moment I am not close to my Wii, probably later I will edit the post to add some screenshots, to make me understand better

I made many attempts with postloader without success (I think it is not compatible with my HDD)
At this moment I am not close to my Wii, probably later I will edit the post to add some screenshots, to make me understand better
yes can u please add screenshots that would help I'm struggling with this part of your instructions "
EMUNAND"
(You need to have previously configured the path of the emunand in "Custom paths", ModMii nand path is USB:\nands\PL_US);
Go to the USB loader GX channel (without leaving the usb loader GX) open configuration> Game load> change emunand options to "complete" > save"

W00fer

Hi @Aurelio I'm following this project closely as I doubted between purchasing a black Wii with gamecube controller ports, which is kind of hard in my country (as only the white ones are available) and waiting for the WiiDigital mod by Citrus3000psi that upscales to higher resolutions (instead of the WiiDual that only has 480p). The other option was buying the WiiU with built in HDMI, vWii support and the Gamecube controllers via official WUP-028 USB converter. I know there are two approaches to this problem:

-modifying CIOS with a different bluetooth stack
-patching USB Loader GX with additional patches

This has been done with https://github.com/wilm0x42/wii-gc-adapter-inject and more info https://smashboards.com/threads/wii-gca-inject-pm-on-wii-u-with-gamecube-adapter-beta.453431/ but it does not work for every game and only on disc based games, not WBFS or ISO. Your option works on a lot of games.

Also, there have been some efforts in interfacing the WUP-028 module but this kind of halted: https://github.com/Chadderz121/wup-028-bslug

However Wii VC does not have usb functionality, only vWii does. It statically links Wii games. Maschell said it is possible
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hid-to-vpad.424127/page-19#post-6478326 but he doesn't develop it further.

HID to vPad only works in WiiU games via some homebrew like Loadiine or Nintendont (for GC). For Wii games it's a lot harder.

Would it be possible to adapt your code also on the vWII on WiiU? I know WiiU does not have real gamecube ports but adding the code of Wilm0x42 maybe let's it work?

As I don't want to risk my vWII NAND I will not do this patch but I hope someone can help. It would be really cool to play Wii games via Wavebird on vWii

vWii gamecube support is asked on all forums worldwide, from Reddit to GBATemp and so on.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Supporting the vWii and the GC USB adapter is definitely possible, but it's not something I've looked into nor I plan to for now. Though I am working on a new Wii games loader which will not require to install any cIOS in the NAND since it is loaded into RAM on the fly, and every update to gc2wiimote will be made for it. I haven't been able to test this on the vWii yet, but I am sure it is possible to make it compatible.

W00fer

It would be very very cool to have it working on vWii. Either trhough releasing sources so others can implement it on vWii or yourself making a different USB loader.
I do hope that the loader also has the ability to load from SD, as I like SD loading much more than USB.

yes can u please add screenshots that would help I'm struggling with this part of your instructions "
EMUNAND"
(You need to have previously configured the path of the emunand in "Custom paths", ModMii nand path is USB:\nands\PL_US);
Go to the USB loader GX channel (without leaving the usb loader GX) open configuration> Game load> change emunand options to "complete" > save"
I made a short video with the screenshots, if you can't make it work send me a message

since you plan on doing classic controller support, are you planning on doing a 2.5/3.0 of gc+ with more buttons? (I know gc+ 2.0 only launched recently, but there are more buttons on the classic controller than the gc+ 2.0)
i forget where but someone (ginger i think) posted a mock up of button layout for wiimote, I went and adapted it for a nunchuck and classic config in a way that i feel like makes sense.
1592048968706.png

1592049043602.png

I managed to run this with usb loader GX on a wii untrimmed

This is my configuration:

with some changes

Unzip the archive and copy all the content of WMEmuHack to the root of your USB drive. Very important: merge the folders, don't replace them.
  • 1) Power on your Wii and run the homebrew "BTWiimoteInject" and when it's done turn off your Wii (there's no soft-exit).
  • 2) Run "WiimoteEmuConfig" in homebrew channel and map the controls for your games (it will list all the games in the wbfs folder).
  • 3.a) Power on the Wii again and from USB loader GX go in Features settings and select the option "Export SYSCONF to EMUNAND"
    (You need to have previously configured the path of the emunand in "Custom paths", ModMii nand path is USB:/nands/PL_US);
    Go to the USB loader GX channel (without leaving the usb loader GX) open configuration> Game load> change emunand option to "neek" > save
  • 3.b)Video step by step
NOTES

Run usbloaderGX, while in usbloadergx run usbloader GX (this will activate the emunand) run your game of choice

If someone is interested could put some screenshots, my English is not the best I apologize for the errors

it would be great if GC2 Wiimote supports usb Joystick from other consoles, such as: Joystick playstation 2, playstation 3
I managed to run this with usb loader GX on a wii untrimmed

This is my configuration:

with some changes

• 3.b)Video step by step
NOTES

it would be great if GC2 Wiimote supports usb Joystick from other consoles, such as: Joystick playstation 2, playstation 3

Supporting the vWii and the GC USB adapter is definitely possible, but it's not something I've looked into nor I plan to for now. Though I am working on a new Wii games loader which will not require to install any cIOS in the NAND since it is loaded into RAM on the fly, and every update to gc2wiimote will be made for it. I haven't been able to test this on the vWii yet, but I am sure it is possible to make it compatible.
Mapping the GC USB adapter to make vWII use it like native WII GC ports would make the WII U be totally capable of replacing a WII. Right now any games that require gamecube accessories won't work on the WIIU.. For example DDR games with a dance pad. --> they work for gamecube games in Nintendont but they wont work for WII games on vWII. Apparently some of those projects might be able to make them work for certain games loaded using brainslug (loaded from disc) but nothing for usb loading wbfs files.

If I had more understanding/experience with WIIU/cIOS and Wii homebrew, I might try and see if something like brainslugs patching could be integrated into usbloader gx for usb loading but low leverl wii stuff is way over my head.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Mapping the GC USB adapter to make vWII use it like native WII GC ports would make the WII U be totally capable of replacing a WII. Right now any games that require gamecube accessories won't work on the WIIU.. For example DDR games with a dance pad. --> they work for gamecube games in Nintendont but they wont work for WII games on vWII. Apparently some of those projects might be able to make them work for certain games loaded using brainslug (loaded from disc) but nothing for usb loading wbfs files.

If I had more understanding/experience with WIIU/cIOS and Wii homebrew, I might try and see if something like brainslugs patching could be integrated into usbloader gx for usb loading but low leverl wii stuff is way over my head.
Patching games on the fly is the only way to use the GC USB adapter as a GC controller for Wii games.

Hey Aurelio, you did a great job with this hack. Is it already possible to install it on the wii u? I would like to play mario galaxy on the wii u gamepad.
Thank you