WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM PORTAPACKIT!!!

Noah

retired
Portables

Credits for all of the photos goes to @CrazyGadget, luckily it did not explode in his mailbox!!!

Normally I am against calling out a member of the community like this, even if the member doesn't publicaly post on the forums and instead just rips off our work rather than giving us the proper credit and uses his "skills" to make money instead of providing a good product.

20200610_155142.jpg

This is what his commissions along with what he sells on his Etsy site look like on the inside:

20200610_160028.jpg

20200610_160040.jpg

20200610_160048.jpg

20200610_160053.jpg

20200610_160055.jpg

20200610_160234.jpg

20200610_160239.jpg

I understand the $650-800 price range he lists these for might be somewhat enticing, but these are a LITERAL FIRE HAZARD!!! Li-po cells unsecured? Floating PTH regs? This is just a recipe for disaster and the fact that he's including BitBuilt software on these abominations really disgusts me.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!!! If you care about your family or whoever you live with you SHOULD NOT bring one of these into your house! I honestly don't know how this guy can live with himself, essentially ripping people off like this...

Noah

retired
Portables
More gore:

His "soldering"
20200610_160810.jpg

Here is what I am referring to when I say "floating regs":
20200610_160930.jpg

Throw this in a backpack, or even transport it in a car and it's probably enough movement to move those regs around enough to get them to short everything else in the case out!

Moo

My goodness! This is an accident waiting to happen, reminds me of that one EEVblog video about the awfully made tablet sold for hospital use. Absolute disgrace.

While I dont condone this it does take some skill to even build to this level even if the solderings crap and batteries installed to be pierced. Rewiring this with a vero board to act as a junction box and adding a safely installed battery would make this usable.

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
While I dont condone this it does take some skill to even build to this level even if the solderings crap and batteries installed to be pierced. Rewiring this with a vero board to act as a junction box and adding a safely installed battery would make this usable.
that’s true but these are being sold to everyone, even people who have no clue how electronics work. the average person isn’t going to open the portable up and check the internals, let alone know how to clean them up. that being said the terrible organization is a serious hazard.

More gore:

His "soldering"
View attachment 12627
this is worse than what i did with a $20 firestick from amazon when i was 9. i mean, come on.

Last edited:
I don't understand why someone would be okay with not securing the internals. Aside from being a potential electrical hazard, wouldn't one at least be concerned about impact damage from parts banging around against each other???

If there ever was a time to use hot glue...at the very least.

that’s true but these are being sold to everyone, even people who have no clue how electronics work. the average person isn’t going to open the portable up and check the internals, let alone know how to clean them up. that being said the terrible organization is a serious hazard.
It isn’t easy quick to assemble these and if you look on his YouTube it’s his original model likely the only one this bad so things have probably developed a little(I mean they must have).
Like I said I don’t condone this which means I don’t accept this should be sold to the public and have already pointed out specific issues so why on Earth are you waffling about the average person being able to clean these up I didn’t say that and certainly don’t need telling it’s a hazard.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
It isn’t easy quick to assemble these and if you look on his YouTube it’s his original model likely the only one this bad so things have probably developed a little(I mean they must have).
Like I said I don’t condone this which means I don’t accept this should be sold to the public and have already pointed out specific issues so why on Earth are you waffling about the average person being able to clean these up I didn’t say that and certainly don’t need telling it’s a hazard.
Sorry to be blunt, but this type of build does require skill which PortaPackIt (at the time of this build, no idea if he has improved or not) did not have in the slightest way, shape or form in order to make something that is safe for himself, let alone his customers. Not only that, but the BitBuilt community is the one who suffers in the end as a result of his actions. He is using BB products, BB software, and BB everything to make a profit on his own accord with the disregard for other people’s safety. This ruins the reputation of BitBuilt, with veteran members having to waste their time explaining to HIS customers why this “ticking time bomb” blew up in their literal hands. It’d be like a Microsoft employee advising on Apple products that they didn’t even create. It’s just not right.

Of course, PortaPackIt has every right to do what he does, but the truth needs to be out there so that people aren’t getting majorly ripped off on something that is half-assed. This portable build does not demonstrate any respect for the hobby itself, unlike other members who put the time, effort and respect into their commissions like Noah, Ginger and Gman. After all, the buyers are paying a premium. The man is doing this hobby all for the wrong reasons, literally free-riding on the BB veteran’s years of research, hard work and passion driven projects. He hides in the corner of his mothers’ basement and doesn’t even show his portables on the forums. If he had some balls and actually wanted to improve, he’d leave his big ass ego at the door, ask questions and listen to people who are more skilled than him so that he can make even better products if he was truly in it for the right reasons. Unfortunately not. He’s in this for a quick, shitty buck, which pisses me off.

I do apologize for the rant, but I think this needed to be said because, well, on behalf of BitBuilt, we actually care about the safety of other people rather than whether or not our pockets are stuffed full of cash at the detriment of those who are ignorant to know exactly what building a portable entails.

Last edited:
Sorry to be blunt, but this type of build does require skill, which PortaPackIt (at the time of this build, no idea if he has improved or not) does not possess in the slightest way, shape or form to make something that is safe for himself, let alone other customers he is making these for.
I didn’t say he has the right skills. Just making the point he’s 70% there and there’s a lot of skill required to get to this point with the right parts just ruined with bad wiring, bad mounting and an unsafe battery mount.