Guide RVLoader F.A.Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Q - Can I install RVLoader if I have PortablizeMii already installed or my Wii is already trimmed?
A - Yes, just copy the files over and run RVLoader from the homebrew menu in PortablizeMii. Follow the steps from RVLoader's main thread.

Q - Can I install RVLoader if I have BBLoader already installed or my Wii is already trimmed?
A - Yes. Before copying the files, rename the "bbloader" folder on your USB drive into "rvloader" (without quotes) and then copy the files over from the RVLoader pack and run RVLoader from the homebrew menu. Follow the steps from RVLoader's main thread.

Q - A new version of RVLoader has been released, how do I update?
A - Unless specified otherwise, you just need to unzip the archive and copy its content in the root of your USB drive, merging any conflicting folder.

Q - Does it work with SanDisk *whatever*?
A - SanDisk drives are supported starting from version 1.5.

Q - What USB drive should I use?
A - There are many compatible ones, but the most recommended right now is the Kingston microSD to USB adapter paired with a microSD (Samsung EVO ones work great). You can find the adapter on our store as well: https://store.bitbuilt.net/kingston-micro-sd-to-usb-adapter/

Q - How should I format my USB drive?
A - Your USB drive must be formatted in FAT32, preferably with 32k cluster size. If you use Windows, this tool will do the job: http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Q - How do I boot into the safe menu?
A - Hold L+R+Z on your GC controller while powering up your Wii and wait until the "RVLoader bootloader" text disappear. The safe menu should show up right after.

Q - How do I boot into the system menu?
A - Right now the only way is to select "Exit to System Menu" from the safe menu.

Q - I selected the wrong options in the installer, how do I run it again?
A - Boot into the safe menu and select "Run installer".

Q - How do I uninstall RVLoader?
A - For most cases it's enough to select "Boot priiloader" from the safe menu, go into priiloader's settings and change the autoboot setting. You can also boot into priiloader by holding the reset button on boot.

Q - I want to use VGA in my portable, but I only have a component cable (or Wii2HDMI adapter). How can I test it after I installed it if I selected VGA?
A - To force component video output you must unplug the video cable from the Wii and plug it back while the system is on.

Q - Does it support VC or WiiWare games?
A - Yes.

Q - Where are my saves stored?
A - GC saves are on the USB drive under the "saves" folder. Wii saves are on the system NAND by default. You can change this on a per-game basis by accessing the configuration menu of your games.

Q - I installed it, but no game shows up. How do I make it work?
A - Make sure your USB drive is formatted in FAT32 with 32k cluster size. Also make sure that you are organizing the games folders properly: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/setting-up-wii-and-gamecube-games.3583/

Q - How can I switch menus with a wiimote?
A - Yes, either hold the B button and move the Dpad or hold the C button and move the stick on a nunchuk. You can also use the right stick of a classic controller if you have that plugged in.

Q - How do I sync a wiimote?
A - You need to boot into the System Menu and do it from there.

Q - My Wiimote is synced, but it doesn't work in Wii games.
A - Press B (1 on a Wiimote) on the selected game before booting it to access the per-game configuration menu and make sure you have Bluetooth enabled.

Q - How do I configure GC2Wiimote?
A - Press B (1 on a Wiimote) on the selected game before booting it to access the per-game configuration menu, enable GC2Wiimote and then select "Configure GC2Wiimote". Bluetooth must also be disabled for GC2Wiimote to work.

Q - Do I need to relocate the bluetooth module for Wii games to work?
A - No. Press B (1 on a Wiimote) on the selected game before booting it to access the per-game configuration menu and disable Bluetooth.

Q - My Wii game already supports GC controllers natively, what should I do?
A - Press B (1 on a Wiimote) on the selected game before booting it to access the per-game configuration menu and disable GC2Wiimote.

Q - Can I add custom themes?
A - Yes, you can select custom themes in the settings menu.

Q - My games aren't showing up!
Q - How do I set up covers for my games?

A - Follow the guide for setting up games and covers here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/setting-up-wii-and-gamecube-games.3583/#post-41194

Q - I can't access some menus with the C-Stick, is it normal?
A - Currently all menus but the emulators one are implemented.

Q - Selecting the Home menu freezes my Wii
A - The home menu boots the Wii stock system menu. Currently, this requires a bluetooth module connected to your wii.

Q - Can I use USB controllers?
A - Not currently and no future support is planned right now.

Q - Where can I find *.wad?
A - WADs usually contain copyrighted contents and we won't provide them for you.

Q - Where can I download GC/Wii games?
A - We don't discuss piracy here. Dump your own games using CleanRIP.

Q - After installing all I see is a screen with "GC Games" written on it. Can I trim my Wii now?
A - That's fine, it means you don't have any games on your USB drive. Yes, you can proceed with the trim, assuming you have selected the right options in the installer.

Q - How can I sync a wiimote?
A - As of now, wiimotes must be synced in the System Menu, which can be booted through the menu wheel or priiloader. If you don't have any wiimote synced, nor a GC controller connected, you need to boot the System Menu through priiloader. Hold reset while booting your Wii and wait for priiloader to boot. Then, wait over 15 seconds and press the reset button again. The System Menu should boot.

Q - Can you implement *whatever*?
A - It's either already planned or the answer is most likely not.

EDIT 20/09/22: Moved update entry from the bottom of the list to the top so it's easier to find - Stitches

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.