Question "GameGirl" GameBoy Color Screen Protector

Hi all,

So, I'm looking into modding (just a shell and button replacement) a GBC to give to my niece. And I wanted to make it a 'GameGirl', rather than a Gameboy. Of course, I cant find a mockup at the moment (I'll post one in an edit when I find it), but basically, I need to find a GBC screen protector that says the words "GameGirl Color" rather than "GameBoy Color".

Where can I find something like that? Can it be ordered? Made? Q.Q I thought it'd be easier to find!

Thanks for any help.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I'm actually surprised as well considering the popularity of things like the PiGRRL from adafruit, the only things I found were a couple that people seemed to have hand-made, no plates actually for sale :rothink:

I assume the easiest way to make something like that would be to essentially scratch off the original logo from the back towards the front, then stencil what you want back on it.

I'm actually surprised as well considering the popularity of things like the PiGRRL from adafruit, the only things I found were a couple that people seemed to have hand-made, no plates actually for sale :rothink:

I assume the easiest way to make something like that would be to essentially scratch off the original logo from the back towards the front, then stencil what you want back on it.
That may be my best option... and I have a spare or two lying around to attempt on.

Bluish Squirrel sells these but is currently out of stock. He makes them in both GBC and GBC Light versions.