Worklog My first Wii build WiiVision

ABH

Hi
This is my first wii build It was a long journey but I really enjoyed working on it.

My build spec :
WiiVision 3d printed case
VGA screen
Bluetooth relocated
Gc+ for buttons
LM49270 amp
Gman Power management system
Headphone jack
MX Chip relocated

So yah, let the pictures talk.

Case sanding :
It was sanded up to 2000 grit and the final resault was more than i expected! really smoooth!!!
Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 7.59.25 AM.png IMG_1578.JPG IMG_1554.JPG

Wii trimming :
IMG_2001.JPG IMG_1741.JPG

Parts wiring :
IMG_1739.JPG IMG_2047.JPG Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 8.18.05 AM.png IMG_2417.JPG IMG_2427.JPG IMG_2382.JPG IMG_2298.jpg

Final product :
IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2846.JPG IMG_2847.JPG IMG_2848.JPG

i'd like to express my appreciation to below list :
  1. Gman he was too kind to sell me the case
  2. Aurelio for his awesome open sours GC+ and the VGA
  3. Shanks his WiiVision internals pictures were very helpful to build mine :D
  4. JacksonS for his great amp!
And i would like to thank the participants who were involved with me during the period of building this wii
hope you enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:
I love it it looks amazing! Would you be willing to do a tutorial for all that want to make one or be commissioned to build one? Let me know.

ABH

I love it it looks amazing! Would you be willing to do a tutorial for all that want to make one or be commissioned to build one? Let me know.
Thank you, all the parts & tutorials you need are available on the BitBuilt and sorry I don't sell or build them, actually Gman is the case owner and I bought it from him, there’s many awesome people on the forum can help you to build or buy one

Good luck

Tross

*A fellow epic gamer pleads for help from ABH* I'm struggling to find the tutorial for this, where should I go?

Noah

retired
Portables
*A fellow epic gamer pleads for help from ABH* I'm struggling to find the tutorial for this, where should I go?
There is no tutorial for assembling a WiiVision. The case files are also not open source so you'll have a difficult time getting your hands on a case for one unfortunately. However, The G-Wii is open source and it's a much easier build then the WiiVision since it's a little bit wider. Plenty of people have also built one before so you can reference their worklogs or the streams on the BitBuilt YouTube channel for assembly tips. Here's the link: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/g-wii-cad-files.2319/

Reactions: ABH
He 3d printed it then sanded it down. you can good cases at polycase.com though. Check gman BOM for case suggestions.