Model G-Wii CAD files

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
What’s a pcb and do you need one for the q wii
A PCB is essentially a sheets/layers of copper with routed traces to allow electrical current to flow between components. The G-Wii required a number of PCBs, including:

1) 4 layer Wii motherboard
2) RVL-PMS
3) Audio amplifier (U-Amp)
4) USB-C PCB
5) GC+
6) Screen driver board

These are all the PCBs that you are going to need to make a G-Wii work. You’ll connect all of them together with various strands of gauge wires.

Last edited:
So you can't use a 6 layered board for this build? I was preparing myself to try out another board attempt, but only have a 6 layer board.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
So you can't use a 6 layered board for this build? I was preparing myself to try out another board attempt, but only have a 6 layer board.
Don't use a 6-layer for any portable. They run far hotter and use much more power.

waldie

Don't use a 6-layer for any portable. They run far hotter and use much more power.
If a 6 layer board is all I have, will I still be able to make this portable?

It's my first attempt at making one, so I wasn't expecting it to be amazing anyways.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If a 6 layer board is all I have, will I still be able to make this portable?

It's my first attempt at making one, so I wasn't expecting it to be amazing anyways.
You can make a portable out of 6 layers, but there are just negatives which make it not great. I would suggest looking for a 4 layer since you should be able to get one relatively cheap on ebay or similar.

EDIT: a quick note, you can't use a 6 layer in this particular design, this is general advice

waldie

A PCB is essentially a sheets/layers of copper with routed traces to allow electrical current to flow between components. The G-Wii required a number of PCBs, including:

1) 4 layer Wii motherboard
2) RVL-PMS
3) Audio amplifier (U-Amp)
4) USB-C PCB
5) GC+
6) Screen driver board

These are all the PCBs that you are going to need to make a G-Wii work. You’ll connect all of them together with various strands of gauge wires.
Buying all of these parts except for the Wii motherboard costs about $220 without shipping or tax. I, of course, have no experience building PCBs and will be 3D printing my case for this G-Wii with my brother.

Would you recommend purchasing the bit built parts for my first portable before learning how to make these myself?

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Buying all of these parts except for the Wii motherboard costs about $220 without shipping or tax. I, of course, have no experience building PCBs and will be 3D printing my case for this G-Wii with my brother.

Would you recommend purchasing the bit built parts for my first portable before learning how to make these myself?
Yes for sure, building them yourself doesn't really save very much money unless you build multiple. Buying them from the store saves the headache of testing them and potentially assembling them incorrectly.

waldie

Yes here are the SW files, I didnt think they'd be too useful since most people use fusion360 or something else.

The posts are for the WiiPMS and USBC pcbs (both available in the bitbuilt store).

I didnt need to move anything around to fit the extra screws so I figured it would be better.
How did you create PCBs within CAD?

Is it just a lot of painstaking work with line manipulation? Or is there something special. I'm trying to develop my skills in CAD for future projects.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
How did you create PCBs within CAD?

Is it just a lot of painstaking work with line manipulation? Or is there something special. I'm trying to develop my skills in CAD for future projects.
There are programs specifically created for creating PCBs such as Eagle, Altium, KiCad, etc. You lay out the circuit schematic, and then lay out the individual components and traces on a board layout. The schematic tells it which pieces are connected to what, so you just connect the lines when it comes time to laying it out.

However, you'll most likely get something wrong on your initial design that you won't notice until you've assembled the board and something pops or doesn't work right, which you'll have to fix until everything works.

Kaos03

one more thing what batteries are in the gwii rev 2 and where do i get them