Question wii trimming

I want to trim a Wii motherboard but the trimming guide does not explain(in my understanding) how to relocate the Bluetooth module. can I have a video on how to do it or at least some pictures?

oh so on the guide I can put the Bluetooth anywhere, but what wires do I need to solder and which ones can I forget about?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
oh so on the guide I can put the Bluetooth anywhere, but what wires do I need to solder and which ones can I forget about?
The 3 specified 3.3v pads, the two data lines, and at least one solid ground wire.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
what is the solid ground wire?
He is saying you need to a have a wire connecting ground on the Bluetooth module to ground on the Wii (solid meaning a good connection). The guide is extremely clear about what you need to connect. As mentioned above, the necessary 3.3v connections, ground, and the 2 data lines that must be soldered to the traces on the Wii. A push button between 3.3v and pin 12 can be used for the sync function.

Un cable a tierra que sea seguro y lo suficientemente grueso. ¿Estás seguro de que este tipo de proyecto es para ti?
When you started making laptops did you know everything? Someone asked you if this type of project is for you? Your question seems to me to be in bad taste, you shouldn't make fun of people who just started, they all don't know the same as you.

-merge-

ya, solo quería confirmar gracias
Go ahead friend, do not give up on someone who makes fun of you, these forums are to solve your doubts, people are here to support you and help you regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
[QUOTE = "redstonemaniac2020, publicación: 37928, miembro: 5649"] ya, solo quería confirmar gracias [/ QUOTE]
Go ahead friend, do not give up on someone who makes fun of you, these forums are to solve your doubts, people are here to support you and help you regards
Please do not double post. Use the edit button. Also this is english forum only.

It does explain how to perform the BT relocation on the trim guide but if you'd like the see how somebody has performed it you can see in @Nold 's video:

Where in the video does he perform the Bluetooth relocation, because I watched the whole video and didn't see him do anything with the Bluetooth?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Where in the video does he perform the Bluetooth relocation, because I watched the whole video and didn't see him do anything with the Bluetooth?
It's also worth noting that you don't need to relocate the BT module unless you specifically want to use Wiimotes with your portable. RVLoader can disable the need for a BT module to run Wii games, and can emulate a normal Wiimote (no Motion Plus yet) using Gamecube controls.

dababy

It's also worth noting that you don't need to relocate the BT module unless you specifically want to use Wiimotes with your portable. RVLoader can disable the need for a BT module to run Wii games, and can emulate a normal Wiimote (no Motion Plus yet) using Gamecube controls.
Damnnnnn I never saw that update I thought Bluetooth was mandatory for Wii games to run