Worklog my 1st portable wii

I've been lurking on the forums and reading guides and stuff recommended to me for a couple days and I'm gonna start making my portable soon. I'm planning on making a slightly altered Gwii to start out with using the usb-c charging/drive on the bitbuilt store instead of the external usb port found on the original Gwii. here's my parts list so far if I'm missing anything important it would be great if i could get some help with what I'm missing or unnecessarily including.
Parts
  • a 4 layer Wii for trimming
  • Gc+
  • Gamecube controller for buttons joysticks etc
  • pth 08080 regulators (not sure where to buy)
  • red charging board (same as regulators)
  • Samsung fit 256 or 128 usb
  • 5" 4:3 screen (not sure if im going to vga mod but i possibly might)
  • on off switch
  • magnet wire
  • printed out Gwii cad files
  • 4 18650 batteries
  • usb c charging/ internal hard drive thing
  • SP-1511S-3 speaker(s) and amp
  • wire /magnet wire i belive 22 and 26 gauge
  • fan + heat sink
  • m2 screws
  • solder
  • power management system
  • tacts for sholder buttons and face buttons
Tools
  • soldering iron (got one already)
  • dremel
  • multimeter (possibly have one)
so that's my parts and tools list I'm not sure where to buy one or two things but i'm sure i can get by .hopefully i can get some of these things soon but first I'm going to get the wii and install portablizeMii after this ill get down the omgwtf trimmed motherboard and setup and hopefully get this thing done eventually :) .also any help is appreciated.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If you're planning on getting a PMS and USB-C board, you don't need the red charging board or the pth regs, as the PMS replaces them. Additionally, you won't need an on/off switch as the PMS has an on/off button built into it as well.

Which soldering iron and multimeter do you have? If they aren't great we can suggest better ones, since those can easily ruin boards if they aren't good enough

Had no idea that the Wii power management board replaced the red charging board and regulators thanks for that.

Not sure what soldering iron and multimeter I have I'll have to find them later tonight.

Had no idea that the Wii power management board replaced the red charging board and regulators thanks for that.
Yeah it comes with it's own built in regulators and BMS which helps save space and time. If you read the description for it on the bitbuilt store you'll see it comes with some nice features which are pretty nice to have.

Esuki

I'm super new on these forums how do I make a thread lmao

I'm super new on these forums how do I make a thread lmao
If your trying to make a new thread just go to the forums and press the new thread button. But if your trying to make a wii portable what I've found to be the most helpful/ what some people have sent me is generally to read through the guide hub and especially the wii trimming guide here https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?forums/wii.101/ and just read through work logs to generally l kinda see how it works.

Which soldering iron and multimeter do you have? If they aren't great we can suggest better ones, since those can easily ruin boards if they aren't good enough
heres my soldering iron and multimeter and apperantly Dremel I forgot about not sure if they're good or not but hopefully they are.
Also after next I'm going to get myself a 4 layer Wii and install portablize Mii. Probably after this I'll begin trimming getting parts etc.
20200116_174319.jpg
20200116_174315.jpg
20200116_174322.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
heres my soldering iron and multimeter and apperantly Dremel I forgot about not sure if they're good or not but hopefully they are.
Also after next I'm going to get myself a 4 layer Wii and install portablize Mii. Probably after this I'll begin trimming getting parts etc.
View attachment 10190 View attachment 10189 View attachment 10191
Hally-fukken-looyah some good tools for once, those will do you just fine. I recommend using the thin cut EZ-Lock Dremel wheels when trimming the Wii, I find they jump about less.

gonna finally do an update to my worklog. so my current situation is i have portablizemii working i ordered my screen and am probably gonna do u10 relocation and maybe trim the wii tomorrow. the main issue i've been having though is the wii pms uamp and sometimes gcplus are constantly out of stock so hopefully they'll be in stock sooner rather than later. hopefullly i can actually get working on this soon and am able to order the parts. Edit: didn't actually do the trimming and stuff today didn't have the time also dont feel like making a whole new reply just for this.

Last edited: