Question N64 version

Portables
Anybody have an alternative video out solder point for this motherboard revision ?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I’ve seen that section, but on my motherboard CPU 01 I don’t get video out, based on that pinout shown thanks for the help.
If you have a multimeter handy, you could check the IC legs to find the AVE yourself. Alternatively you could DM Downing. He's trimmed more N64s than anyone else I can remember, he'd know.

Portables
Also is the pms from bitbuilt required after the max trim is done?
Well i see no reason why choose 7.4v pack over a parallel 3.7v, anyways.

It's not required, Gman's PMS provides everything needed though, other than the power, it provides also battery indicator which is reeeaaally nice. However you can use anything as long as you can supply 5v and 3.3v to the respective pins.

Portables
Well i see no reason why choose 7.4v pack over a parallel 3.7v, anyways.

It's not required, Gman's PMS provides everything needed though, other than the power, it provides also battery indicator which is reeeaaally nice. However you can use anything as long as you can supply 5v and 3.3v to the respective pins.
Ah I see man thanks so much for all this help and info

Portables
1 more question after trim how do I go about powering the n64, where can I solder a on/off switch or reset button?

Portables
1 more question after trim how do I go about powering the n64, where can I solder a on/off switch or reset button?
If you go with the n64pms by gman, there's a button for the on/off switch.
Otherwise, use a 6 pin ON/OFF switch, line for the 3.3v the other for the 5v.
I used the n64pms so i didn't deal with that but that's how i'd do it since it'll be permanently ON when you connect the power to those pins.