Worklog GBoy rev3

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
That particular tact was only available on a couple of European sites. We bought the entire stock of these tacts that were available, and are working on getting them ready to sell on the BitBuilt store.

xsping

That particular tact was only available on a couple of European sites. We bought the entire stock of these tacts that were available, and are working on getting them ready to sell on the BitBuilt store.
it is rarely impossible for me to buy those tact from bitbuilt store because of the shipment, so can you give me the model number of this tact switch? maybe i can find it on chinese webstore

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
it is rarely impossible for me to buy those tact from bitbuilt store because of the shipment, so can you give me the model number of this tact switch? maybe i can find it on chinese webstore
https://en.maritex.com.pl/product/show/44634.html
They are these ones. If you find them elsewhere please let me know (even though I am the one who bought the entire stock lol)

xsping

https://en.maritex.com.pl/product/show/44634.html
They are these ones. If you find them elsewhere please let me know (even though I am the one who bought the entire stock lol)
tons of thanks for you, if i find any, i will tell you. but i have a question :is "c,c " pin of this tact switch internal connected or not ? i think it shoud be internal disconnected

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
tons of thanks for you, if i find any, i will tell you. but i have a question :is "c,c " pin of this tact switch internal connected or not ? i think it shoud be internal disconnected
IIRC C is Common, which is shared ground. They're probably internally connected.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
IIRC C is Common, which is shared ground. They're probably internally connected.
Yes, this is correct. This switch connects A to C and B to C when the button is pressed (can't remember which one first, but it's in the datasheet)

xsping

Yes, this is correct. This switch connects A to C and B to C when the button is pressed (can't remember which one first, but it's in the datasheet)
dual tact mode of gc+ needs 3.3v ,gnd,LR,L seperately connected to this tact switch, when push down the botton,the 3.3v and gnd will be shorted?

Remark:if two c point of this tact switch surely internally connect, chinese web store like taobao has many kinds of dual tact swithes similar with it.but i think it can not be used for gc+, 3.3v and gnd will be shorted,because two c pin internally connect,

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
dual tact mode of gc+ needs 3.3v ,gnd,LR,L seperately connected to this tact switch, when push down the botton,the 3.3v and gnd will be shorted?

Remark:if two c point of this tact switch surely internally connect, chinese web store like taobao has many kinds of dual tact swithes similar with it.but i think it can not be used for gc+, 3.3v and gnd will be shorted,because two c pin internally connect,
I made a custom firmware for GC+ exactly to address this. GC+2.0 will support them as well

xsping

I made a custom firmware for GC+ exactly to address this. GC+2.0 will support them as well
Thanks so much for your reply, it means both L and LT button can function with ground? It is amazing

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thanks so much for your reply, it means both L and LT button can function with ground? It is amazing
Yes. I made GC+ to behave just like an OEM controller, but the reference to 3.3V was just a firmware configuration

xsping

Yes. I made GC+ to behave just like an OEM controller, but the reference to 3.3V was just a firmware configuration[/QUOTE
Yes. I made GC+ to behave just like an OEM controller, but the reference to 3.3V was just a firmware configuration
Do i need to update gc+ firmware to realize this function? it is latest version1.6 attached in gc+ documentation page?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
this is nearly same type dual tact switch on taobao webstore
Oh damn that looks nice. I will send you the custom firmware in a bit.
Anyways this is going too much out of topic, so let's continue this over DM