Question Wii Mini portable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I would like to know the dimensions of the Wii Mini as I would like to use the bluebomb exploit to hack it and most likely try making a portable with it. I hope I can because it looks so cute and I probably might not need to trim it as much.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello everyone! I would like to know the dimensions of the Wii Mini as I would like to use the bluebomb exploit to hack it and most likely try making a portable with it. I hope I can because it looks so cute and I probably might not need to trim it as much.
I'd warn against that for now. PortablizeMii requires an SD card to install, and the mini does not support them. You'd be pretty badly limited by that.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
The PortablizeMii pack/team has not and will not support the wii mini.

Also, we will not be writing a trimming guide for the wii mini, and I would strongly recommend against trimming attempts, as they will be more difficult than a standard wii.

maybe theirs a way to connect a SD card slot or USB adapter to it

Koboid

maybe theirs a way to connect a SD card slot or USB adapter to it
No way, friend. If you use a USB to SD adapter, the system will still recognize it as a USB, unlike a Wii with an integrated SD port.

No way, friend. If you use a USB to SD adapter, the system will still recognize it as a USB, unlike a Wii with an integrated SD port.
and from my research the USB adapters don't do anything in terms of storage so you couldn't install portablizemii correct?

Noah

retired
Portables
and from my research the USB adapters don't do anything in terms of storage so you couldn't install portablizemii correct?
There’s an exploit that was made available just recently that allows for homebrew on the Wii mini. But as cheese said when the relevant part of this discussion ended, we will not support the Wii Mini as they are harder to come by than a normal Wii and far less of them were made meaning that you’re destroying a cool piece of gaming history for no reason if you use one in a portable. Since the original question was answered, I’m going to lock this. If you have an additional question it’s probably best in its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.