Solved USB not recognized

Portables
I am working on a trimmed 4 layer Wii board.
The USB (Fit 3.0 32GB) which I used prior to trimming doesn't seem to be recognized.
PortablizeMii only offers me the option to boot to the Wii menu.

I did not use the USB drive while the last time it booted into the PortablizeMii menu, therefore it should still contain the configuration file.

The left pin is powered with 5V (Verified), the second pin is connected to the right of CM2, the third pin to the left side of CM2 and pin four to ground.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Sam

Portables
@Moderator
Feel free to move this thread to the PortablizeMii section if you think it belongs there.

are the wires for the USB pins 2 & 3 of equal length, and braided? or is this specific USB thumb-drive giving you the issues?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
photographs pls

Portables
are the wires for the USB pins 2 & 3 of equal length, and braided? or is this specific USB thumb-drive giving you the issues?
I used magnetic copper wire, the one from the BOM.
Lengths are about the same.

Thumbdrive should be fine.

photographs pls
I will add photographs later this day.

still need to braid the data wires, bom is just plain mag wire. take two pieces of the mag wire, braid it, hook to pin 2. take two new pieces, braid them, hook to pin 3. its more stable for data transfer of USB

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
still need to braid the data wires, bom is just plain mag wire. take two pieces of the mag wire, braid it, hook to pin 2. take two new pieces, braid them, hook to pin 3. its more stable for data transfer of USB
That's not how it works, you twist the two data wires around each other, not two wires per data pin

oh geeze, i really worded that poorly, thats what i meant. sorry for confusion

Portables
That's not how it works, you twist the two data wires around each other, not two wires per data pin
I did not do this, could this cause the problem?

photographs pls

Left wire is ground.
Others got loose after positioning it for the picture. Ground is pin 4.

Also verified the joint by measuring continuity between the copper wires and their corresponding vias (next to DA9).