Question Portabalizemii boots wii games and emunand to black screen, need help

Recently, I have run into an issue which is causing my wii games to not boot correctly via portibilizemii.
i have used and followed the tutorial that was shown on the download page and also tried formating and reinstalling, but it brings me to the same problem. My GC games work just fine, but I suspect the issue which may or may not be linked is that when i boot the emunand, it also loads to a black screen. My emulators also dont show up and when i open up te emulator section in the UI it tells me that the 'the emu.dat file is old, try refreshing the cache'

- i am using the wifi version of portabalize mii

- i have tried runninng different region roms and they dont work

-my usb is a 128 gb sandisk, 32FAT format, 32k clusters (i have used other usb types but the issue persists)

-my wii is a C/RVL-CPU-01 (dont know if that helps)

- it is untrimmed and i have only removed the disk drive

If anyone has any ideas please help because i would like to make sure my software is fully able to work before i start making my portable.

Thanks.

xsping

Change the region to japanese when downloading portablizemii,copy to usb root. And copy syn file from real nand&copy mii from real nand in channel of portablizemii, for usb compability, you‘d better use the disk below 32gb.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If that doesn't work I'd suggest a different flash drive, SanDisk drives are notorious for not playing nice with PM

do i need to start over with the new region and format the wii, or do i just replace the files in the Usb

i just formatted it and the letterbomb doesn't work

Last edited:

xsping

do i need to start over with the new region and format the wii, or do i just replace the files in the Usb

Only change the file on usb, no need to reinstall portablizemii

xsping

Do not format wii, unless you have to

OMG, thank u so much, after trying both methods simultaneously it worked!

I cannot express my happiness enough, thank you, you frickin' geniuses

btw, the usb i am currently using is a little low on space, do you guys have recomandations for USB of 128 GB,the one i used for the fix is a little laggy.
I was thinking of a samsung, as I saw so many others use it for thier own portables

It seems I have found a new issue
I loaded NSMBW on portabilize mii and it worked
then i load skyward sword and it loads NSMBW agian,
any ideas on a fix?
Am still using the laggy usb, new one has not arrived yet. Could it have to do with that?

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
It seems I have found a new issue
I loaded NSMBW on portabilize mii and it worked
then i load skyward sword and it loads NSMBW agian,
any ideas on a fix?
Am still using the laggy usb, new one has not arrived yet. Could it have to do with that?
Have you tested the skyward sword rom in something like Dolphin? I know it sometimes does that with bad roms, though it could also be the bad USB drive

Yeah it's probably the usb, because the rom works on dolphin, but I will also try the rom on its own,
And now it shows the neek2o loading and then boots back to portabilize mii, what do i do

Last edited:
the same thing has started to happen with my new USB, NSMBW works perfectly and portabalize mii no longer lags as the USB is higher quality,
but sll my other games still boot to the neek2o loader and then just boot to the start screen.

I have noticed that it is only happening with high volume games like skyward sword or sonic colours (4 gb roughly)
I have also now tried to boot emunand but it just black screens.

What do i do ?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Can you post a picture of the the folder with your Wii games in it?

this is what my games look like when i use TBD to make the readable by portabilizemii, they are not on the usb, there are .wbfs files inside like the ones lower
wbsss.PNG

this is what my usb looks like, it only has skyward sword because i was seeing if it worked without NSMBW
usb.PNG
wbfssssss.PNG
inside.PNG

I arranged the files based on the requirements
even though skyward sword has 2 .wbfs files and doesn't boot, so is the case for all the other games that don't boot and they all have 1 file inside

Last edited:

xsping

this is what my games look like when i use TBD to make the readable by portabilizemii, they are not on the usb, there are .wbfs files inside like the ones lower
View attachment 9569
this is what my usb looks like, it only has skyward sword because i was seeing if it worked without NSMBW
View attachment 9570 View attachment 9571View attachment 9572
even though skyward sword has 2 .wbfs files and doesn't boot, so is the case for all the other games that don't boot and they all have 1 file inside
no issue now,please directly put game only named with id under wbfs folder

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
View attachment 9569
View attachment 9570 View attachment 9571View attachment 9572
Yeah, you've done it wrong there mate. The files shouldn't be in individual subfolders, you just put all the .wbfs files together in the wbfs folder.

It's demonstrated here https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/setting-up-wii-and-gamecube-games.391/

thank you guys so much, it is working now

man that wii motion plus video is long

one last thing, when i try to download my game covers on portabilize mii crashes, I have wiifi versions installed,
how do I get game covers, for my games, or how do i fix the download mechanic