Model G-Wii CAD files

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
ok thanks

sorry i forgot to ask this before but what kind of buttons or tacts did you use for the abxy buttons and where did you get the gamecube memory card slot
Did he not just tell you not to double post? Edit your post if you have something to add.

If its ok to ask, i saw there on the cad model, the bottom left hole appears to be a barrel jack for power, the top right hole in the bottom peice is a USB since there is a USB mount, and the hole in the top left, is that the power switch? Is the top middle round hole for a headphone jack, or is the top left round hole? And all the round holes on the bottom are for the screen buttons? Thanks, just a little confused.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Hi Guys,

Over the past few months, I've seen several GWiis and with the development of the USB-C board, I incorporated it into the GWii so I present the GWii2 files for release.

Some improvements:
USB-C PD and internal USB drive via the new USB-C board in the store: https://store.bitbuilt.net/usb-c-pd-charging-internal-usb-drive/
Using a real GC start button
Dpad doesnt need to be trimmed
Wii PMS integrated
A light pipe for the RGB led: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/bivar-inc/PLP1-100-FD/492-2127-ND/5721997

gwiipic.PNG

Attachments

Ze1

I'm looking at this build, and it has everything I want minus one thing: an external controller port for GBA connectivity. Being a complete n00b, I must ask if there is enough room for it. I'm assuming not, but if there is I'd love to go with this build. Thanks G-Man!

Portables
0 :(
I might be wrong but im pretty sure the Wii doesn't have GBA connectivity at all, only the GameCube. This is a Wii portable.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Unless you mean GameCube ports and a gba link cable, in which case it doesn't really have the room to fit the ports, but you could always add a breakout box with the ports

Ze1

Gamecube ports and a Link Cable*

Thank you.

Hey, is there any chance you could upload the solidwork parts of the gWii with the modifications? There also appear to be more standoff/ screw holes on the bottom, what are those for? Why did you put more screw holes on the side next to the battery? Did you have trouble keeping it together?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Hey, is there any chance you could upload the solidwork parts of the gWii with the modifications? There also appear to be more standoff/ screw holes on the bottom, what are those for? Why did you put more screw holes on the side next to the battery? Did you have trouble keeping it together?
Yes here are the SW files, I didnt think they'd be too useful since most people use fusion360 or something else.

The posts are for the WiiPMS and USBC pcbs (both available in the bitbuilt store).

I didnt need to move anything around to fit the extra screws so I figured it would be better.

Attachments

Portables
Hello Gman, i want to ask about the screws.

do you have any favorite screws brands based on your experience. i used screws i ordered a while ago but the kind of lose their head shape fast. maybe some link of something you order a lot?

I'd appreciate it!

Hi, I know this might be too much to ask, but can you give me a list on exactly what I need to make the gwii?

Noah

retired
Portables
Please be specific I'm asking nicely.
No one is going to hold your hand through making a portable. It’s a long and daunting project to many, but the most important component is the research portion. We can tell you exactly what you need but when all of these parts show up to your house you’ll have no idea how to use them because it’s clear you have done zero research so far aside from deciding you want to build one. Look through some work logs. Several people have built their own G-Wii’s and documented the process so that would be a good starting off point. We can’t help you if you won’t help yourself.

But I have no idea what half the words mean in the guides. How am I supposed to know what to do?

Noah

retired
Portables
But I have no idea what half the words mean in the guides. How am I supposed to know what to do?
Then you need to research more and figure out what the guides are saying before doing anything else. If you’re having a hard time understanding a majority of what the guides are trying to convey you will have a very very difficult time building a portable.