Solved bluetooth did not work

xsping

recently i trimmed another 4 layer wii and all works fine include the bluetooth module except the wii menu because of unreasonably the 003 error, so i wired up sd card slot, after i installed cios80 and solved the 003 error, the bluetooth module did not work,i changed another two new bluetooth module,same bad news,all the tinned point reconfirmed good and not loose, i suspect the gpu had problem or software for the bluetooth had corrupted,is there any application to reset the bluetooth software? any help will be appreciated

remark :i searched the whole forum, and found one guy have the same problem before, and unluckily not solved. desoldered the sd slot to ease troubleshooting, nothing changed, seems to get another disabled wii, only can play ngc.....
i did the same thing on my another trimmed wii ,same story happened,i checked isos in wiimod, systemmenu installed on ios80,but still black screen,how can i install system menu again w/no wifi, and reinstall portablizemii
problem solved, i copy another ios80file from another untrimmed wii,003 error come back, but blueteeth module works again,happy!
finally,install kreankii to remove 003,system menu come back

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
recently i trimmed another 4 layer wii and all works fine include the bluetooth module except the wii menu because of unreasonably the 003 error, so i wired up sd card slot, after i solved the 003 error, the bluetooth module did not work,i changed another two new bluetooth module,same bad news,all the tinned point reconfirmed good and not loose, i suspect the gpu had problem or software for the bluetooth had corrupted,is there any application to reset the bluetooth software? any help will be appreciated
The 003 error? That comes from changing a Korean wii into another region... Not sure what software you want to reinstall, there isn't anything in specific on wiis that could corrupt for bluetooth. Any more info as to what software modifications you made might help

xsping

The 003 error? That comes from changing a Korean wii into another region... Not sure what software you want to reinstall, there isn't anything in specific on wiis that could corrupt for bluetooth. Any more info as to what software modifications you made might help
after installed the ciso80 ,error 003 disappear got blackscreen, i was sure error 003 already removed,beacause i fixed another two 003 full wii with this method

-merge-

i
I measured another untrimmed wii, data+ and data- of bt module outputs around 3.0v, same thing as the promblem trimmed wii, it seems good , but not work

-merge-

i did the same thing on my another trimmed wii ,same story happened,i checked isos in wiimod, systemmenu installed on ios80,but still black screen,how can i install system menu again w/no wifi, and reinstall portablizemii

Last edited by a moderator:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Sadly you can't use PM on a Korean Wii, they aren't an option when generating the pack. PM only works with PAL, NTSC-U and NTSC-J. If you can get into bootmii and make a NAND backup, someone (like me) can build a new NTSC-U or NTSC-J NAND from it that you can flash to the Korean Wii and bypass the 003 error entirely.

xsping

thanks
Sadly you can't use PM on a Korean Wii, they aren't an option when generating the pack. PM only works with PAL, NTSC-U and NTSC-J. If you can get into bootmii and make a NAND backup, someone (like me) can build a new NTSC-U or NTSC-J NAND from it that you can flash to the Korean Wii and bypass the 003 error entirely.
thanks for your reply,and very curious about how to remove 003 from nand, find cpu code from 003 nand, and change the normal nand with 003 cpu code?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
thanks
thanks for your reply,and very curious about how to remove 003 from nand, find cpu code from 003 nand, and change the normal nand with 003 cpu code?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Are you asking how changing a Wii's region through NAND backups works?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
yes,i am curious about editing the wii nand
First you use BootMii to make a backup of your Wii, it'll make a nand.bin and keys.bin file. Then you download a program called "ohneschwanzenegger", tell it to make a new NAND image, direct it to the backup you made for that Wii, and tell it to remake the NAND image in a different region. It'll take a while to download the files because the NUS servers are slow as balls. Once the new NAND image is made, you use BootMii to flash the new image to the Wii. Then you have a fresh stock Wii of your region of choice.

Just beware, if you do it wrong you WILL perma-brick the Wii. You have to make a backup for each Wii you want to region change and you must ONLY use the backup for that Wii when making the new image. Using a nand.bin backup for the wrong Wii will break it forever, so make sure you organise your files properly if you want to try it yourself.

xsping

First you use BootMii to make a backup of your Wii, it'll make a nand.bin and keys.bin file. Then you download a program called "ohneschwanzenegger", tell it to make a new NAND image, direct it to the backup you made for that Wii, and tell it to remake the NAND image in a different region. It'll take a while to download the files because the NUS servers are slow as balls. Once the new NAND image is made, you use BootMii to flash the new image to the Wii. Then you have a fresh stock Wii of your region of choice.

Just beware, if you do it wrong you WILL perma-brick the Wii. You have to make a backup for each Wii you want to region change and you must ONLY use the backup for that Wii when making the new image. Using a nand.bin backup for the wrong Wii will break it forever, so make sure you organise your files properly if you want to try it yourself.
ok,i will try,thank you very much