Worklog The eNVeGA 64

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Ok, I've had similar happen, and it happened a week and a half after I thought my paint job was done.

As it was explained to me it has to do with the paint in the layers not being 100% vapoured off. What probably happened is that your lower layers continued to breathe vapour out through the clearcoat and not adhere to the base coats, thus achieving this cracked (albeit perfectly smooth) finish.

In my case the guy I was making it for thought it was cool thus we kept it.

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
Gonna be tight on finishing this up in time, but I just found out I will have an entire Saturday day and night this weekend to myself.

The case work, PCB work and all other hardware related modifications are done, assembly is done, so essentially it's just an ass-load of wiring, so the progress over the next three days will determine if this get's done in time. Hoping for the best, though I feel the chance of even placing is slim-to-none to begin with. hehe.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Gonna be tight on finishing this up in time, but I just found out I will have an entire Saturday day and night this weekend to myself.

The case work, PCB work and all other hardware related modifications are done, assembly is done, so essentially it's just an ass-load of wiring, so the progress over the next three days will determine if this get's done in time. Hoping for the best, though I feel the chance of even placing is slim-to-none to begin with. hehe.
Only two of us have finished so far, so chances are pretty good for whoever else can finish in time ;)

Where I live, Officially Summer ends early next month. But because of "Global Warming", having winter feel like summer and vice versa. I say we extend the competition and not let our summer dreams die just yet! Heh

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Not a bad idea. Given that there's usually at least a third of participants who don't manage to complete their entires within the time limit could there be a second date set as a "late delivery deadline" which gets it's own little event summary? If anything just to recognise work done and share the love a bit.

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
Eh, not looking for a participation trophy honestly. Either this get's finished in time and I gave it a good shot, or it doesn't in which case I still gave it a good shot.

That said though, this weekend might have breathed a bit of life into the hope I can get this done in time, with 6hrs put into it yesterday and 2hrs today.

Everything is at least half wired up meaning all that's left is to make the final connection for all the leads. The tricky part is figuring out how the hell I'm gonna do that and cram these extra components into a case that was never designed for them.

Again, gonna give it all I got to get this done, but if there's even one setback I'll be out.

We'll see what happens in the coming days.

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
Not looking good...ran into problems with the cart cover of all things...tried to cut a corner to save some time and it came back to bite me. I've got just a little bit of wiring left to do, but unless this thing boots up on the first try I'm probably out. We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Not looking good...ran into problems with the cart cover of all things...tried to cut a corner to save some time and it came back to bite me. I've got just a little bit of wiring left to do, but unless this thing boots up on the first try I'm probably out. We'll see what happens tomorrow night.
What's that board sitting on the heatsinks?? Is it for better video?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Dont give up, do whatever you need to get a submitable portable!!

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
It's not over until the fat lady cranks up! I know you're totally able to get something together before the deadline!

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Seriously, following this thread has been one of the most nail-biting experiences I think I'll have this year. My heart goes out to you for the long hours and unexpected issues!

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
Seriously, following this thread has been one of the most nail-biting experiences I think I'll have this year. My heart goes out to you for the long hours and unexpected issues!
Thanks, it was tight and though most of the system worked first try, but when a key feature goes belly up it takes the wind out of your sails. I screwed up the cart cover as well but now I'll have time to redo it the correct way. Project is far from dead, I just need to give it a break for the weekend.

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
So work on this has been started up again! Had quite a bit of a lull in-between last summer up till now. Making lots of improvements though!

This as an example. Full SLA printed Everdrive cart cover as opposed to the FDM/SLA combo before it. The picture kinda granulates things but you get the just.